• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 715t owner/member here...

Wooddogg

Copper BB
...hello forum members....i bought a used carry handle cali-compliant 715t in awesome shape, used, but like brand new at the local ma & pa hock shop monday....totally stoked til i cleaned it & lubed it & went out back & fired it up.....i only could get 1..2...maybe 3 shots off before the action kept locking back.

...yeah, i know...a million complaints about it on the web...

...yes...tried 4 different hi-velocity brands of ammo....all the same results....

...i googled & you-tubed my butt off watching vids / researching threads / articles for hours....

...then i found something that works...and allows my 715t to shoot any hi-vil ammo flawlessly...

...wow...was i skeptical after seeing this short sketchy vid, but am thrilled w/the results....

...also...the rifle was shooting 3 1/2" low at 25 yards too....but...

...using some missouri ozarks hillbilly ingenuity, i filed off the front sight post, but it still hit too low...then i drilled a small hole under the front sight, just above the screw, so now it shoots like a peep sight on a bow....dead on now....

...i hope this may help some other newbs...im totally thrilled w/my purchase of the 715t...

...thx & take care 715t forum bruthas...

...btw...the best working zip tie i found was the black ones at wally-marts that were 14 1/2" long....100 pack...

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your "new to you" Mossy.

Glad you got the problem fixed.:)

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.
license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

...thx for the welcome guys....a quick question plz...is the rail on top of the carry handle a 20mm or 30mm?

...looking to attach a halographic sight, but not sure which sight to buy...

...i also used the drill trick on top of my collapsible ati stock to mod it back and use a key ring so it's now adjustable...

...thx for the great info here....proud to be a new member....

Welcome. I have a 715T also. Purchased it new when I bought my wife her first rifle. It was my first .22 rifle.
Haven't shot it much in the past year though. I've used Aquila Super Extra 40 gr. with no issues.
No problems with the bolt at all.

I tried a holographic red dot but my eyes aren't what they used to be. Original sights seem accurate enough from what I could see to.
I had difficulty with the red dot so I went to a scope. Haven't tried to zero it yet. Gotta get some time to do more shooting.

CTbgtUb.jpg

Welcome aboard. Glad you could fix the problem and hope that you have a great time with it from now on.

Welcome from MI!!

:cheers:
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...

ripjack13

:welcome:

Back