• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 930 owner

Hi all, I got my 930 a few weeks ago. Glad I found a place with other 930 owners to learn form.

I don’t plan a lot of accessories. I got the Nordic Components tube brkt with mini rail and plan to put a flashlight on that, that’s about all I plan to do for now until you guys can fill me with more ideas. :lol:

It’s been a while since I had a shotgun so I’m looking for a local NRA course to make myself feel better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Congratulations on your new Mossberg 930 autoloader, what model did you end up getting? Its hard to stop adding accessories once you start but its good to remember the KISS (keep it stupid simple) mentality.

This is the model I got as well. Have you had a chance to clean it and check for some of the problems associated with the SPX? I first cycled some game loads (2 3/4) and looked like all was well, then I received my 00 buck and slugs and they would not fit in the mag tube, I took the mag spring out and shortened to 28 inches and the Fed LE 13300 00 buck 2 3/4 worked but the slugs (Centurion 1 1/8 oz.) were a tight fit. I also got some of the Rio Royal 2 3/4 00 buck would not fit (almost 3 inches) so I will just put 6 in the tube at a time. I am going to the range Tues. and destroy my 60 year old shoulder.ha ha

cbshooter said:
This is the model I got as well. Have you had a chance to clean it and check for some of the problems associated with the SPX? I first cycled some game loads (2 3/4) and looked like all was well, then I received my 00 buck and slugs and they would not fit in the mag tube, I took the mag spring out and shortened to 28 inches and the Fed LE 13300 00 buck 2 3/4 worked but the slugs (Centurion 1 1/8 oz.) were a tight fit. I also got some of the Rio Royal 2 3/4 00 buck would not fit (almost 3 inches) so I will just put 6 in the tube at a time. I am going to the range Tues. and destroy my 60 year old shoulder.ha ha
Not yet I ordered a rail and a red dot just waiting for them to come in so I can mount the optic and then have some fun. I have taken it apart but didn't clean it just wanted to see just how easy it was to strip it all the way down. let me know how the recoil is.

I did give it a good cleaning when I got it and it was pretty well gooped up with factory slime.

The first load, no problems but that was the only time I was able to load over 5. After taking off the extension tube I measured the spring and found it a tad over 36”.

I checked the tube for any dents, damage or burs and found what I thought might play a part in the keeping me from loading over 5 shells. Inside the tube where the collar is welded on to the tube, there is a small bead that happens to be right where the follower will be with 5 shells in. Looking at the follower, that edge is chamfered very slightly and any little burr might interfere with that sloppy bead inside the tube.

I lightly sanded the tiny chamfer and that seemed to solve the loading issue. I had no problem loading 7 shells 4 or 5 times after reassembly. However, I think I’m going to get the bright orange nylon S&J follower. I think it will slide over that sloppy bead easier and I like the easy to see feature too.

IMG_20110617_132942A.jpg

The big brown truck just dropped off my rail, red dot, and some gun lube today. I did clean the 930 today and added the TW28B to all the right places on my H&R Protector and Sig P250 .40 as well. I'm debating on which mag tube ext. to buy and I'm still on the wall about the pistol grip stock, imho I think the 930 SPX the best looking shotgun on the market thats why I got one.

Back