• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Cabela's in N. DE

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Yep, a new Cabelas is planned for Christiana, Delaware, right beside the Christiana Mall. This will cut 20 miles and 30 minutes off of going to Hamburg, PA. Delaware also has no sales tax...ka-ching!

carbinemike said:
Yep, a new Cabelas is planned for Christiana, Delaware, right beside the Christiana Mall. This will cut 20 miles and 30 minutes off of going to Hamburg, PA. Delaware also has no sales tax...ka-ching!
Not fair man... I would trade the two bass pro shops around me for one cabelas! Iam so jealous

Well KW, Louisville is getting one. I don't know if that helps you at all. I agree, I'd take one Cabelas over 2 Bass Pro's. Here are other locations they are planning:

Also today, Cabela’s announced plans to open an 85,000-square-foot store in Bristol, Va.

In coming weeks, it will open stores in Rogers, Ark., and Union Gap, Wash.

Next year, it will open stores in Saginaw, Mich.; Columbus, Ohio; Grandville, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; Green Bay, Wis.; Thornton, Colo.; and Lone Tree, Colo. Cabela’s also has announced plans to open a store in Anchorage, Alaska, in 2014.

carbinemike said:
Well KW, Louisville is getting one. I don't know if that helps you at all. I agree, I'd take one Cabelas over 2 Bass Pro's. Here are other locations they are planning:

Also today, Cabela’s announced plans to open an 85,000-square-foot store in Bristol, Va.

In coming weeks, it will open stores in Rogers, Ark., and Union Gap, Wash.

Next year, it will open stores in Saginaw, Mich.; Columbus, Ohio; Grandville, Mich.; Louisville, Ky.; Green Bay, Wis.; Thornton, Colo.; and Lone Tree, Colo. Cabela’s also has announced plans to open a store in Anchorage, Alaska, in 2014.

I didn't know Louisville was getting one..you just made my day!! Thanks man!

Yes, it is happening, we just need to wait until 2014 for the opening. I may go if they actually have ammo by then.

The 110,000-square-foot store, Cabela's first in Delaware, will be located adjacent to Christiana Mall along Stanton Christiana Road near Interstate 95.
Construction is scheduled to begin in 2013, and Cabela's expects the store to open in 2014.

Isn't that like Tax Evasion? lol
Yes Rick and hauling some beer and liquor back is bootlegging. That is, if I did engaged in that sort of thing. Anything you buy out of state and bring back, by law, you owe PA their cut or it's tax evasion.

Many people believe that if they purchase a product subject to sales tax in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania from a catalog, over the internet, in another state, or by the telephone, then they need not pay a tax. Even though a sales tax is not collected in these instances, the person buying the product must still pay a tax.

I knew you were yanking my chain some. I didn't know though if you knew the state actually wants tax money for items bought out of state and brought back here. Enforcement of course is non existent.

I had a feeling they would want their "fair share" out of our purchases. Can't save $0.06 on the dollar and spend it in gas and get away with it!!!

My local Cabelas is 15 minutes away.... :) !

mine is 3 hours and it sucks.
Its attached to a mall......and the reloading section is only one isle.There are a ton of mounts that are cool though, the bargain cave dosent have bargains

Our Sportsman’s Warehouse that’s 15 minutesaway blows our Cabelas out of the water .

Now I hear the big log cabin looking Cabelas ones are the shiz......closest one of those is Washington somewhere

carbinemike said:
Sure Ripjack, rub it in! :D

Ok...will do. I just got back from my local Cabelas. There was a bunch of great stuff everywhere I looked.
:p

I guess they had ammo at pre Obama prices and stocking levels too?

Back