• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New furniture options?

12gafun

.270 WIN
I have been thinking about selling my Hogue furniture on my Mossy 500 SP and getting something different, would like a adjustable stock option that I wouldn't have to remove to clean the shotgun. Also a forend that I could put on a flashlight and I miss my AGV, I thought about the Magpul furniture and that is on the list but would like to hear others thoughts on what else is out there for the Mossy 500 shot gun, would like more ammo capacity also but cannot find a barrel or mag tube anywhere.

Thanks for any feedback and suggestion on this, I did see the posts on butt stocks but really looking for the whole upgrade, I like the Hogue items I have but the butt stock LOP is a bit to much. I did try there 12" LOP buttstock but was way to short. I have a strange LOP length I guess. Thanks again all!!

Adjustable is limited. ATI, and Mesa come to mind. I don't know if the Knoxx is adjustable or not. ATI isn't my favorite but I think it's one screw to remove the stock for cleaning. Also the "whole package" (raptor or maybe it's called talon) has a forend I believe that includes rails or that you can put rails on. These would be pistol grip stocks though and given that my preference would be for the Magpul with spacers.

Would go Magpul butt cannot see the cost of there butt stock, being at most places over $100 dollars. I had it all on my 870 that I ended up selling.
I guess I am more into the traditional shotgun look. I ran onto a ATI butt stock called the Akita, gives the traditional look but is adjustable, not sure if you have heard of this stock.
Thank for the great information, I might break down and try the Magpul again.

I had forgotten about the Akita and for the cost of the Magpul, most other adjustable sets will be at least as much.

I have the Akita stock on my 835. Its a bit heavy but I like it a lot.

Have you thought about swapping magazine tubes and using a 590/835 barrel? That would allow the use of screw on mag extensions.

This is my first post here. Hope it's ok to start like this.
I just ordered the Magpul SGA Adaptable Stock and MOE M-LOK Forend for my M500A. I've had this shotgun for many years and love it. It came with the ATI M4 style stock, which I just don't care for on a shotgun. I'm looking forward to the Magpul furniture, as I think it will compliment the gun and make it more user friendly.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum dwb...!!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: dwb
This is my first post here. Hope it's ok to start like this.
I just ordered the Magpul SGA Adaptable Stock and MOE M-LOK Forend for my M500A. I've had this shotgun for many years and love it. It came with the ATI M4 style stock, which I just don't care for on a shotgun. I'm looking forward to the Magpul furniture, as I think it will compliment the gun and make it more user friendly.

Just said my formal hello to your other thread. I'm not crazy about the ATI stock either, a lot of folks really like the Magpul and I think you will be very happy with it.

You know of course we're gonna need pics, right?

I also found the factory stock on my Maverick 88 to be a bit long and the 12" Hogue stock to be a bit short. I got a Beartooth adjustable slip-on pad system to work in tandem with the shorter Hogue stock to adjust the length of pull to whatever I want and it works great. An added benefit is the extra recoil-absorbing padding. Many people, however, do not like the Beartooth kit for aesthetic reasons.

Just said my formal hello to your other thread. I'm not crazy about the ATI stock either, a lot of folks really like the Magpul and I think you will be very happy with it.

You know of course we're gonna need pics, right?
Thanks for your response. Yes I will provide pics of the new Magpul furniture after installing, it will be here this week. I know it's a bit over priced IMO, but the quality and versatility of the stock sold me on it. If the gun fails, I could beat someone off with that stock lmao.

I'm not crazy about the ATI stock either, a lot of folks really like the Magpul and I think you will be very happy with it.
Agree, the ATI M4 stock is pretty flimsy. Plus, for me anyway, I just don't like a pistol grip on a shotgun. I feel much more in control of that type of weapon with a traditional stock. Pistol grips have their place, but not on my shotguns.

Question: How do I go about posting pics here? Not quite up to speed on that.

Wow that was too easy, thank you.

Here's a pic of how it sits now. No major mods, not really into mods. The red-dot sight is a Primary Arms (Aimpoint Clone) and it works great. Personally I'm not a big fan of anything that runs on batteries. A buddy of mine has a Trijicon RMR dual illumination, fiber optic/tritium, that he wants to sell. I may try that out just for kicks. I will say this. That red-dot with 1MOA dot gives me excellent accuracy using slugs at 30-50 yards. I've had this 500 for 10 years and still love it. The Magpul furniture will be a welcomed upgrade.

IMG_1006.JPG

Looks sweet, if you get a deal on the Trijicon that would be cool too!

Back