• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy here with new MVP FLEX Tactical 5.56

Z06

Copper BB
John A invited me to join MO and post these pix here. He found me on UZI Talk.

I had been looking to buy an MVP 5.56 Patrol 16” rifle, but none were to be found. In the greater PHX (4.5 million) not one gun store had one. The internet was no help either. I went to the huge 3-day Small Arms Review Gun Show West in Phoenix and found exactly ONE Mossberg MVP rifle for sale. It was not the Patrol but it was the 18.5” MHB FLEX 5.56 Tactical. Since I was looking for a bolt host for my ’02 Gemtech M4-96D can (that usually resides on my ’79 M16A1)
wo3l.jpg

that did not require threading the barrel… I bought it. I also picked up (from Dr. Dater’s booth) a Gemtech QuickMount “Jake Brake” QD muzzle device. I changed out the Mossberg pistol grip and butt stock with a Magpul K grip and a MOE butt stock with cheek riser. I am using my old Leupold Mark 4 M1-16X on an A.R.M.S. QD base + GG&G steel sniper grade rings. The Killflash completes the set-up.
I am looking forward to an extended range session to test the many different 5.56/.223 types of ammo I have on hand to see what the MVP likes best. With family + the holidays it will be early January before that happens.
I will post back with results.

i4qz.jpg

hvbm.jpg

33cr.jpg

9zd9.jpg

Welcome from PA! John steered you to a great site. I hope you enjoy posting here.

I was just admiring the MVP Flex in a magazine ad yesterday. I will be anxious to hear it shoots for you. It looks great.

Thanks all for the welcome. I am really looking forward to shooting this rifle.

From '85 to '00 I shot prairie dogs in MT, WY, and ND with a group from WA. Since I retired and moved to AZ 12 years ago I have been meaning to go PD hunting here. One of my old group moved to PHX and it looks like we will be back hunting soon. I have never hunted with suppressors...
I love AZ.

Back