• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Magpul XTM Hand Stop

Itsricmo

.30-06
Looking for Hand stops for my new ERGO Tri Rail I came across a new Magpul Item:

The XTM Hand Stop:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319240881/magpul-xtm-modular-picatinny-rail-hand-stop-kit-polymer

handstop.jpg

August 30 is release and Midway is saying they will have it in stock then. I have some on my Wish List and hoping to get an OD Green Set! Keeping my fingers crossed.. if not the Larue is next on my list

I like those too and had considered gettin a set for my AR! I need to see how much rail room they need...

Ahhh, I think I know.

I looked at other stuff from the same guy. "PTS airsoft" A friend had told me the PTS stuff is indeed made by Magpul for example but is stuff that for some reason didnt meet manufacturers specs, kinda like buyin clothes from an outlet store that is name brand but with a defect of some sort.

The manufacturer wont sell it under their own name but will let it go to companies that deal in airsoft stuff (in this case) and its sold at a discounted price but really is in fact made by (Magpul). Hence it wont be in Magpuls standard packaging.

I was wondering what the PTS stuff was! I saw some when looking for this XTM stuff and the AFG2! So it is the same thing just not meeting Magpuls standards, that's good to know! I thought it was cheaper stuff that wasn't so strong and that is why the Air soft guys sold it!

PTS = Practically The Same? haha

Practically The Same? Maybe.

This is what I'm told anyhow. Still, read the reviews to see what theyre sayin.

Everything sold on Amazon with the tag of "PTS" is strictly "Air Soft/Paint Ball ONLY".. would make me very weary of use on a 12 gauge shotgun!!

I will probably just get the Larue Tactical Hand Stops in OD Green just because they are proven already haha

!!! PTS = Pratice, Training and Simulation. They have a website, see here:

http://www.magpul-pts.com/

This stuff is meant for non-live fire training sessions so I am left to believe that it wouldn't handle the abuse of a 12ga... Not really sure but That is something to contact Magpul About! Here goes another email!!! lol

As for this XTM, still would be nice to get one

I wouldn't mind picking up a set in black to put on my SMG.

Yeah you get both hand stops and 2 XTM rail sections for $30 (Mapul) or $20 (PTS) instead of $25 for just the 2 Larue Stops.. I searched around some more for info on the PTS and it seems like the Stocks are the exact same thing minus some metal parts on the mechanical sections. I think the VFG, AFG(1&2), XTM Stopper, etc... would probably be fine for firearms with live ammunition, seeing as their aren't metal parts except for bolts that are included

I was recently advised that 'MAGPUL PTS' is MagPul but made in china and designed for paintball/air soft. Supposedly has the same manufacturer's specs and quality. The products made for firearms are
'MAGPUL USA' and are Made in America. The design is supposed to be as close to the original as possible. With that being said, I made sure the products I purchased are MAGPUL USA.

Yeah I have done some research IMO the PTS stuff and it sucks. Straight across the board, it looks the same, operators the same mechanically but is not even 50% the quality.. I spent $30 on some PTS BUIS... Yeah no go haha

Back