• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from CA

Hello to all. I am new to the Mossberg system. I've been an 870 guy for over 20 years, but this past weekend I had the chance to play with a Mossberg 12 gauge breacher, and I was extremely impressed. I plan to get a 590A1 w/ 18.5" barrel in the not-too-distant future. I like the placement of the controls better and the easier loading.

Also, yesterday I spoke to Hans Vang and he told me he has a Mossberg +2 extension in the works. It will be flush with the end of the barrel. He said it will come out in approx. July of this year. So when I compare my 870 18.5" barrel (it holds 6+1) with the 590A1 18.5" barrel, I realize I can get 1 extra round in the Mossberg. To me this is a big deal.

Anyway, thanks for having me on board.

How ya doin and welcome aboard! We're glad you crossed over into the light! lol

Yeah, I agree, there are def some features that make the Mossy superior in my book.

I have the 590A1 20", 8 + 1, and the mag tube is flush to the endo the barrel, which to me just makes sense. The underside of the barrel is some prime real estate! May as well fill it up! :D

Thanks for bein here!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! You can not go wrong with buying a Mossberg 590A1. I personally prefer the 20" version since you get to carry 8+1 but if Vang Comp has a +2 for their 18.5" model that would be a tough choice for me.

Welcome aboard Sir. Glad you found us.

Take your time browsing the forum. We've got plenty of subforums to keep you busy. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy!

Back