• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg Forum Member from GA

Greetings to all out there, hope you're doing well. New Member checking in from Georgia, thanks for having me aboard.

I've got 12ga shotgun experience from my time doing both Embassy Duty and Security Forces in the 'Fleet as a recently retired U.S. Marine. I (finally) joined this forum to gain even more knowledge and camaraderie in regards to the 12ga shotgun platform. To me, there's nothing like a good "boomstick".

Semper Fidelis!

The "6176" is the MOS designation of a USMC MV-22B Osprey Crew Chief (Naval Aircrewman), which is what I did for a brief 5 years in the Marines Corps.

The "AIRB0RNE" part was my callsign before my time at VMX-22 and VMMT-204 when one of my billet designations was "8023" as a Naval Parachutist.

I went on to keep the callsign even after my eventual lateral-move and MSG Duty B-Billet years later. Hope that helps!

Airborne, welcome to the forum. Several of your military brothers are members typically ranging from Vietnam days to recent deployments.

Lots of information across the threads and the search capabiity works well but folks always open to answering a question. But sometimes you just need to be patient since most to the folks are not online all the time. But decades of expertise here.

Regards

I started off sky-diving at the age of 16 with my Dad, as my Mom and Dad were both U.S. Army for 26 & 24 years (respectively and Active Duty). They're both my heroes and I was dead-set on going in the Army as well but I went to a high school that had Marine JROTC. After 4 years of that ("brainwashing" my Mom calls it), I joined the Marines and broke all kinds off family traditions. I ended up doing some time & training at Benning, Bragg, and Yuma (all as a Marine) with Pendleton and Lejeune being my duty stations most of my enlistment. Since I was born to Army parents and spent so much time under canopies on Army bases, "AIRBORNE" stuck with me.

On embassy/consulate duty and at the FAST schoolhouse, we gained "intimate" knowledge on the 590 and Remington 870 as well as the Benelli M1014/M4. I have my own (mostly tactical) shotguns now, and I'm a loyal 12ga fanatic with a decent collection. I've since also obtained two special 12ga beauties, a Beretta 1301 Tactical semi and a Fabarm STF/12 Professional pump, and I'm about to gift my Wife with a 14" 590S Shockwave minishell blaster for HD. Sorry for the wall of text and full bio. Just glad to be on the forum. Stock Up and Stay Safe!

Welcome from the NE Florida/SE Georgia border.
Thank you for serving our country.
I was Army, 1968-1970. My Infantry Brigade in Vietnam was on loan to the USMC, came under command and control of the 3rd Marine Division. We operated in Quang Tri Province, mainly along the DMZ from Khe Sahn to the South China Sea.
Semper Fi and Oo Rah.

Back