• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg Owner, Shell Stop/Interrupter Issues

RazorPig

Copper BB
I bought a new 18.5 590A1 Mariner. I am already having issues with the rounds not being released from the magazine tube. From what I have been reading on this forum it seems to be an issue caused by the interrupter, stop, and or slide rails? On my particular gun, the interrupter has a burr on it and I believe it is the cause of keeping the round from being released out of the magazine tube. While I was running through shells last night to replicate the problem, once it happened I had a chance to examine what was happening when the round was still hung up on the magazine tube. On mine it looked like the shell interrupter (the sharper/pick looking bar, rather than the "claw" looking bar) was still on the back side (primer side) of the round and prohibiting the shell from falling out of the magazine tube.

I am mainly a glock/ar guy as those are what I own and am very knowledgeable about them. This is my first shotgun and I have recently been learning the functionality and names of the internals on our mossbergs, so please bare with me if I have misnamed any of the parts or their functionality.

I have yet to call mossberg, i will call them today after work.

Any suggestions? I am thoroughly disappointed about this. I have a relatively expensive shotgun that is already having issues after 15 rounds fired.

Thanks Scott! I read through some of the forums that you included in your reply. I honestly think that it has to do with the burr on the interrupter rather than shell stop, but then again I am very new to shotguns and could be wrong. I wish these things were built like glocks, I would have already had this problem sorted!!!

Probably beating a dead horse on this but, I bought this shotgun because I had been told that it had won the military contract for its reliability etc. It seems like alot of people are having this issue with their 590's, I don't like to imagine an officer or soldier being issued a weapon that is essentially inoperable from the word go. I am thoroughly unimpressed with mossberg thus far. Do 870's have issues like these as well?

Sorry scott! I just read the rest of your threads, and I guess the interrupter is what your issue was as well! I just sent an email to Mossberg, I hope they can get some parts out to me ASAP!

Thanks Again,

Back