• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New MS hunting opportunity

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
It's been confirmed. We have tree climbing gators in MS. Should be fun. :D

As far as discoveries go, this is a somewhat terrifying one, assuming one has a healthy respect for crocodiles on the ground: They can climb and perch in trees, and really climb, with researchers spotting them more than a dozen feet from the ground.

While anecdotal reports have placed the reptiles in trees in Mississippi, Colombia, and along the Nile, only three references to such behavior appear in scientific literature.

And so researchers set out to determine whether it was a regular practice, observing crocodilians (which includes crocs and alligators) on three continents: Australia, Africa, and North America.

What they found, as reported in Herpetology Notes: Four species were identified as able to climb trees, and were spotted, in once case, as high as 13 feet above the ground—and as far as 16 feet down a branch.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/02/ ... imb-trees/

Boy, wouldn't that be something, climb in the tree stand at dark in the morning and turn to left and see that lookin at ya. I wonder if they can pattern hunters like we pattern deer LOL!

Crappiepro said:
Boy, wouldn't that be something, climb in the tree stand at dark in the morning and turn to left and see that lookin at ya. I wonder if they can pattern hunters like we pattern deer LOL!

I wouldn't put it past them. Any species that's been around for 37 million years has to have something going for them. :mrgreen:

Back