• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New owner with #'s question

vodkanockers

Copper BB
I bought the new 500 classic that is all polished an was wondering if the # on the barrel relates to the gun serial # on the receiver in any way?

Stock pic of mine below. I haven't got a picture took yet

Thanx Guys
Ron B.
Lake of The Ozarks
Missouri

Attachments

• Mossberg_Gold_Trigger_50126.jpg
    Mossberg_Gold_Trigger_50126.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 671
Welcome to the site from Texas!

That's a pretty shotgun but does anyone else think it would look even better if that recoil pad was a different color? Maybe a subdued gold, or a darker brown than the stock?

Where is the number located at on the barrel?
If the number doesn't match the Serial Number on the receiver I would assume that it has very little to do with the SN and is only a number on the barrel for the factory records.

A call to Mossberg could answer your question much more accurately though. Sometimes the call wait times can be long but if you are really interested, they can tell you loads of info about your gun. Model Year and Manufacture date along with answering your original question! :D

howdy Ron. welcome from NY and congrats on your new mossy.

like itsricmo said you can try mossberg on the phone or email Ms. Norma....

Martinez, Norma
martinezn@mossberg.com

she was very helpful when i was searching for info. :D

Thanks alot guys, I'll give her a try this coming week.

The # on the barrel is on the bottom where it goes in the receiver. You can't see the # without taking the barrel off. It doesn't match any of the serial #, but I thought it might be marked for this particular gun someway. Kinda like my ruger revolver where the cyl # matchs the other #'s on the gun.

I bought this gun new from Buds guns, from a picture only because of the good looks. They did a hell of a job on the wood finish an checkering, an the metal polishing almost looks like black/blue chrome, it's so shiny an slick.
I will only be using it for back yard trap shooting.
I've always been an 870 guy for the last 40 years, but I believe this is just as good an better looking than the 870 IMO. At 63 Years Old I gotta watch my $, an this gun is a real bargain for what you get.

Anyway, thanx for everything. Glad I found this place. :D

Ron B.
Lake of The Ozarks
Warsaw, Mo.

Hey Vodkanockers.... did you happen to purchase a WingOne® from a Cabela's that you were unhappy with?! I work for the company and we saw your review and would LOVE to send you a new unit for FREE! If you can email me and show me proof of purchase, I will replace it for you! amy@WingOneUSA.com

Back