• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Patriot owner with questions

I dont have a need for 10 rounds in a hunting gun. I rarely load more than 2 in my '06 and have never needed more then one.

Even my ARs get 5 round mags for hunting.

As far as scopes go I just put a 1.5-4 on my latest rifle, a muzzleloader. A vast majority of my shots on game have been 40 yards or less and the 3-9's I've been using are to much for this distance. I haven't been out to the range yet so I'm not sure how well I like it yet.

I have my mosin, with the arcangel stock. I bought the 10 round mags and the 5 round mags. Ammo is cheap too. I frikkin love it....

I have several muzzle loaders for the season
One a 50cal and one a 54. They are fun. Now, if Savage can come with a ten round mag, do could a Patriot. I have several 5 round mags already but I still want a few tens Do I need them? No, but I still want them..

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Now, if Savage can come with a ten round mag, do could a Patriot. I have several 5 round mags already but I still want a few tens Do I need them? No, but I still want them..

Should all rifles have 10 round magazines?

I think we should let that thread die, and burry itself. I'm not sure how much we can continue to beat a very dead horse.

Last edited:
It seems some just don't get it.too bad. Most on here own something to satisfy a want. Seldom is it for a need other than emotional. That is ok. I want a 10 round magazine. Some people want the most teched out gun on the block. No difference but for cost.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Opps...didnt know it was a dead horse...bbbuuutttt... I just won a patriot 6.5 at a gun banquet..pretty sweet deal. Do they yet make larger mags 5 years later...?
There are no magazines for the Patriot chassis out side of the 5 round factory ones. However, MDT makes some chassis for them. Also they have the Oryx line that is a few hundred $$ less. My plan is to eventually get the Oryx for mine.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Back