• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Shotgun Guy with a 930

Preacher

Copper BB
Over the summer, I was lucky enough to purchase a used 930 Field from a guy. I cleaned and inspected it and it seemed in good condition (I'm new to shotguns but not new to guns). It has the wood furniture and the 28in barrel. I finally got to take it out and shoot it on Saturday and I'm pleased with my purchase. I had purchased a lot of Estate target load (1145fps). After doing some reading I was concerned that these loads would be too light to cycle properly. To my surprise my 930 ate 2 boxes of those without so much a s a hiccup and then ate from 00 buck. I had a great afternoon shooting (first time ever shooting a shotty). I can't wait to get back out and shoot it some more. I think the 930 is a great introduction to shotguns for us beginners.

Welcome from MI!!

Many of the cycling issues with light loads come from the shorter barreled models. I have the waterfowl model with the 28" barrel and have had minimal issues.

My gun currently has a lot of the OR3GUN internals which were added just because I like to tinker, not due to any specific issues I had with the gun.

Welcome to Mossberg owners preacher. Glad that your gun is working great.

I noticed your avatar. Is that a sports team, or referring to a specific indian tribe?

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Welcome from MI!!

Many of the cycling issues with light loads come from the shorter barreled models. I have the waterfowl model with the 28" barrel and have had minimal issues.

My gun currently has a lot of the OR3GUN internals which were added just because I like to tinker, not due to any specific issues I had with the gun.

I'm the same way. I'm going to start ordering some parts from OR3gun for a few mods; just because tinkering is so fun.

Welcome to Mossberg owners preacher. Glad that your gun is working great.

I noticed your avatar. Is that a sports team, or referring to a specific indian tribe?

My avatar is the University of Illinois Fight Illini football (hoping to get to champion level with Lovey as the head coach).

Back