• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to 835

Paddywhack 12g

.270 WIN
Hi newbe to 835 ,on previous post on this forum I presumed I was purchasing a 500 ! turns out she's a 1996 835 I'd like to know how well they cycle 2 3/4 as here in Ireland hard to get 3"-3 1/2 shells, I shoot pheasant and grouse with my sxs but getting the mossy for waterfowl any feedback welcome !

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

It cycles as well as a 500. The length of travel is only 1/2" longer so it is not really noticeable. As far as reliability, I've yet to have a failure to feed or anything with mine.

Unless you are a gluten for punishment you really don't want to shoot a lot of 3.5" shells. Patterning mine for turkey season was not a pleasurable experience, even with a recoil reducing stock.

It cycles as well as a 500. The length of travel is only 1/2" longer so it is not really noticeable. As far as reliability, I've yet to have a failure to feed or anything with mine.

Unless you are a gluten for punishment you really don't want to shoot a lot of 3.5" shells. Patterning mine for turkey season was not a pleasurable experience, even with a recoil reducing stock.
Thanks MikeD it was a surprise to find out I actually put a down payment on a 835 as opposed to a 500 ! When I sent off the serial number to havlins ..my current shotgun is Spanish, made in the city of Eibar when the police sent me my license they put an L where I should be ..shows how much they know about firearm history eh! Thanks again for Shell cycle info.

Well I'll be monkeys uncle!! I found a gun shop that stocks 3" and 3 1/2" shells looks like I'll be hurting my shoulder after all !

memyvequ.jpg
tazevyba.jpg
puzugybu.jpg
u6evapah.jpg
py8a9aqe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a home computer? you could save your video to your pc then upload it directly here from it.

Back