• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to forum, and shotguns, need accessories...

Hello everybody!
Looks like a great forum.
This is my first shotgun ever, I bought a Mossberg 500 Flex Tactical with a breacher barrel.
Here is what i want for it...

Side saddle (bought one from TacStar) said fits MB500 but mounting plate was too big for flex = FAIL

Light - Got a UTG EL228Q with pressure switch = love the light BUT have NO IDEA how you are supposed to fit that pressure switch under the velcro grips that are on the shotgun, there is no way you can put that cover back on once the switch is in there, what am I doing wrong?

Heat shield - Got one right from MB, unfortunately did not read where it said for regular barrels only (not breacher) so this does not fit, although I feel like I can "make it" fit, just don't know if I should try.

So....anyone have this model and can tell me what THEY HAD LUCK WITH?

Right now, it looks like everyhting is going back and I need to start again!

THANKS!
:cry:

Attachments

• sideview small.jpg
    sideview small.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 593
  • pressure switch cover small.jpg
    pressure switch cover small.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 593
  • heatshield small.jpg
    heatshield small.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 593
Nice looking gun. I have an older 500 still with furniture on it. Maybe I'll upgrade but there are many other things I need to get first.

Welcome to the forum!!

Our very own Lazy Eyed Sniper answered a similar question in another thread.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Remote pressure switches come in a lot of varieties and adapters to fit most types of tac lights, but they have a pretty standardized pad/switch profile...

Many manufacturers include a pressure switch mounting platform on their forends like the one pictured in the post above...

Can you change out the pressure switch for the light or is it a permanent piece? If you can switch it out you would obviously not have to send the light back.

As far as the heat shield I have been looking for one and if your willing to make a good deal I may take it off your hands.

Hope this helps

hmmm, I am still looking for the answer, lol.
If the pads are mostly all the same, it seems I am screwed.
As far as the heatshield, I just got if off Amazon, so i will either mod it to fit or return it.
I paid about $30.00
Thanks for the response

hanoverfiste said:
Our very own Lazy Eyed Sniper answered a similar question in another thread.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Remote pressure switches come in a lot of varieties and adapters to fit most types of tac lights, but they have a pretty standardized pad/switch profile...

Many manufacturers include a pressure switch mounting platform on their forends like the one pictured in the post above...

Can you change out the pressure switch for the light or is it a permanent piece? If you can switch it out you would obviously not have to send the light back.

As far as the heat shield I have been looking for one and if your willing to make a good deal I may take it off your hands.

Hope this helps
I can swap out the switch, but I don't see a switch that looks like it would fit in there.
I called Mossberg, not to happy with their response, the first guy told me just leave the cover/cap off, that is how it should be.
I asked him to ask someone else and they said the cover/cap definitely goes back on, but I have to find a switch that fits under, but didn't know where I could get that.

JohnnyNRA said:
Well first off if your using it for SD/HD I’d get rid of that pistol grip and buy a stock.
Everyone has different needs for their particular situation. I have both a pistol grip setup and a full length stock for my HD.

Sorry you had some incompatibility issues. Hey, 100mph tape fixes everything. You can't go wrong.

Just offering alternate suggestions for you to think about. :D

BubbasTacticalShotgun.jpg

Seriously though, hope you find what you are after soon.

jgwills said:
Sorry you had some incompatibility issues. Hey, 100mph tape fixes everything. You can't go wrong.

LMAO, thanks for that.

jgwills said:

lol, I hope thats not yours, I'd hate to think about cleaning off all that stuff when you remove the tape...

jgwills said:

Can't find this on Amazon, I will check eBay, haha.

Well, I found the heat-shield and I had to go from a 6 shot side saddle to a 4 and the light switch I moved to the side and switched it to a push button which still gives a natural motion to turn on.

I am frustrated with Mossberg, they make a place on the barrel for a light switch but can't find a switch that goes in there, they are clueless about this, I tried talking to them again.

I even took a switch apart to get it in there...no luck...push button it is.

Will send pics when I get everything...hopefully it will not involve any duct tape.

jgwills said:

Dude that is toooooo funny.... Love it.... :lol:

Tony Rome said:
Hello everybody!
Looks like a great forum.
This is my first shotgun ever, I bought a Mossberg 500 Flex Tactical with a breacher barrel.
Here is what i want for it...

Side saddle (bought one from TacStar) said fits MB500 but mounting plate was too big for flex = FAIL

Light - Got a UTG EL228Q with pressure switch = love the light BUT have NO IDEA how you are supposed to fit that pressure switch under the velcro grips that are on the shotgun, there is no way you can put that cover back on once the switch is in there, what am I doing wrong?

Heat shield - Got one right from MB, unfortunately did not read where it said for regular barrels only (not breacher) so this does not fit, although I feel like I can "make it" fit, just don't know if I should try.

So....anyone have this model and can tell me what THEY HAD LUCK WITH?

Right now, it looks like everyhting is going back and I need to start again!

THANKS!
:cry:

Tony
Welcome to the forum......
I got a flex 590 thread in the 590 forum with a few things that ive done to my 590 that may help you out.
If you need any more specific help feel free to pm me and ill help u out.
Ive done all kinds of stuff to my flex so im bound to know of something that may help you out.
Let me know.....

OK, so here is an update.
For anyone with a Mossberg Flex 500 Tactical (with BREACHER barrel)

I got the heat shield from AIMPRO
Item Number: 100185
Item Name: AIMPRO Tactical Heat Shield
Options: Available XCOAT Finishes: Flat Black.
Quantity: 1
Price: $59.00

The light is NOT a switch that fits under, but a pad that replaces the Velcro cap on the pump, WOW, after 4 calls to Mossberg with them telling me I can find something that fits UNDER the pad, this info would have been nice.

As far as the side saddle, I got one off Amazon. I had to get the 4 shell as the 6 shell will not fit.
Tacstar 4-Pack Shot Shell Carrier Mossberg 500, 590 & 600 Side Saddle (12 Gauge)
$26.00

So....I guess I answered all my own questions and dealt with hours of hold time and lots of returns/exchanges, but if this helps one more guy, then great!

I can see where someone might mistake the tape switch goes between the forend and the velcro cover plate. Nope, the tape replaces the cover and velcros into the groove instead. That is the norm for any vert grip or forend with that option built into it from all companies. Not just Mossbergs. Sorry I didn't catch that part of your question earlier on to answer it.

Glad you've figured that part out on your own. As we said its looking good so far sir. Good call on the Aimpro purchase.

Back