• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to me 800A

Jimmym1296

Copper BB
29119E3C-78FB-4D2E-BF2D-080F94D18CCA.jpeg Just picked up an 800A (308). Someone had it cerakoted. Guy I got it from said 1968. Threw a Simmons scope on it that I had laying around. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots. Not real easy finding info on the 800’s.

I have an 800ASM (308 c/w Mossberg scope) and a 800CV (22-250 Varmint barrel). Both shoot great. The 800ASM doesn't get much range time. I love shooting the 800CV though. Yours looks to have the bolt handle reworked or is the upscale model. I have not seen that bolt handle on a Mossberg before. I have a limit amount of information which I couldn't find just now.

That is the "flat bolt handle". It was a more expensive option on these.
I recently inherited my uncle's 800B missing the bolt. I just won an ebay auction for one.

Finally got to put a few rounds through it. Shoots pretty good but it was cold as hell. Getting ready to start working up some loads for it.

Back