• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New to me Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

Hi all- Went to the gun show yesterday, and sold a Remington 870 20 gauge Youth model for $225. Before leaving the show, I didn't want to leave " empty-handed" , so I found a Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader in 12 gauge. This is the model which came equipped with 18"barrel, ATI 6 position stock, heat shield, and parkerized finish. This gun also had 2 side saddles, a one point sling, and a really good flashlight with strobe functions. I bought it for the $225 I got from the 20 gauge. I think I did pretty well. I plan to test it out today. I'm not too keen on some of the accessories, so I plan to sell the side saddles,heat shield, sling, flashlight and mounts. I really like the light weight and adjustable stock in its current configuration.

Very interesting. Before you sell all those accessories, post some pix of your outfit.

sounds like a great deal to me! I bought a Mossy 500 12 gauge for $225 a few years back, with a 28" barrel, and no accessories.

Here's all the stuff I "salvaged" off this shotgun (ETG tactical flashlight with 2 strobe functions; 2 side saddles; a one point sling; mossberg heat shield; and 3 rail shotgun adapter) :

Attachments

• GEDC0406.JPG
    GEDC0406.JPG
    508.9 KB · Views: 15
Just came in from a test shoot! This gun shoots great! I tried some birdshot and some buckshot and it did very well. No cycling problems, no FTF's, no problems. Took it apart and cleaned it real well. LOVE the parkerized finish. Not completely convinced about the ATI stock just yet- I'm used to a straight stock, but will keep it for the time being.

Just came in from a test shoot! This gun shoots great! I tried some birdshot and some buckshot and it did very well. No cycling problems, no FTF's, no problems. Took it apart and cleaned it real well. LOVE the parkerized finish. Not completely convinced about the ATI stock just yet- I'm used to a straight stock, but will keep it for the time being.
Just when all seasoned and working good just had to clean it...;)
Nice buy enjoy her

Thanx, jar. I like your pix. That really adds to the discussion. :gimme5:

Last edited:
To get the parkerized finish alone thats a great buy - Enjoy! I am still amazed at the amount of factory configurations that Mossberg has - Do you happen to know the factory part number for that config? I've only seen one other factory parkerized 500 and that one came with a pinned forend and a pistol grip as well as straight stock

^Ah yes I remember that config when it was available - I'm sure no complaints, the matte blue is a just fine finish but parkerized is definitely an "upgrade" - fine looking weapon!

Just was looking at parkerized 500's to see what you can still find, Check out this deal! It has a pinned forend from what I can tell (you'd have to get a standard action slide tube if you want to change forends), but not bad at all for $199! And its parked, with a heat shield (which you could sell if you didn't want to use it)! We are living in amazing times.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...411537262/Mossberg+12ga+18+w/+Pistol+Grip+Kit

Back