• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New year plans?

Buddy, let me tell ya how exciting and crazy it gets here!

I may get some beer, like a six pack. If i do its not likely I'll drink two of them. We'll get some cheese, maybe some good stuff, summer sausage or something, and crackers. Sparkling cider for the kids.

We're havin a family game night, just us, not entertaining anyone. We may do Star Wars Monopoly, some Cranium, Apples and Apples... Oh! And UNO!

We're usually ready to fall asleep before its even 11:00 and its a chore to stay awake. But we'll make it though!

We dont go anywhere, it doesnt really seem worth it.

Thats it for us! :D We keep it as simple as we can!

Thinking we may BBQ and do some fireworks with all our neighbor friends and their kids. That's about it. I never drink because I have to wake up in mid of night with a baby and up early in morn with kids. I might force 1 or 2 down just to join in, but it's highly unlikely. Lol. my kids will still be going strong at midnight and I'll be dying to go to bed. I'm getting old. :(

Ross,
Your description sounds like a wild night!! :D
Reading it has so inspired me to live life on the edge I may not even floss tonight :lol:

Usually stick with an early dinner then later gather with the family to enjoy the safe feeling of just being home and content. At midnight, light a nice cigar and enjoy a snifter of mellow Irish whiskey on the veranda.

Next day to the inlaws to have a nice roast pork dinner with the trimmings while watching the Mummers Parade.

It's all good...

I'll be watching the tube. Like shooter I'll be lighting up a stogie at midnight. But as the day and year closes in I'll be listening to my wife snore on the couch. She works hard all day. So I let her sleep. I'll wake her up ten minutes before the ball drops so she can see it and so I can have one last kiss of the year. And then another to ring in the new year. I'll have a glass of chevas that'll last the entire night. Not a but champagne drinker.

I'm working a 12-hr shift 'till 8:00 Sunday morning (I'm in my Charger right now as a matter of fact).

Home tomorrow morning to a sleeping family, have a beer and a sandwich, and then in bed. Then come back and do it all again 24-hrs from now.

Be safe, everyone! I care about each and every one of you!

I'll be sitting in the woods. The 1st is the last day of my deer season.

Thanks NiteSite! We'll be thinking of you too!

Mike, hunting would be awesome tomorrow... weather totally sucks here. Nothin but rain and upland aint workin for us right now.

Good luck and have fun!

nitesite said:
I'm working a 12-hr shift 'till 8:00 Sunday morning (I'm in my Charger right now as a matter of fact).

Home tomorrow morning to a sleeping family, have a beer and a sandwich, and then in bed. Then come back and do it all again 24-hrs from now.

Be safe, everyone! I care about each and every one of you!

Oh man...hopefully you're bored to hell. Maybe the BG's will take a day off and you can have a nice leasurely cruz in your charger. Stay safe and thanx for thinking of "me". You rock.

Props to all you guys and girls.

Thanks for your service and thoughtfulness nitesite!!! Keep safe and go get them drunk drivers!!!

We had a quiet night. My 2 Kids and the Wife and I. We visited my Mom for most of the day and came home and made buffalo wings, stuffed clams, shrimp, cheese and bunch more goodies and then had a Salmon dinner around 8pm and played games until 2am (I didn't drink anything but Iced Tea ;) ), all of us!!! It was a good night, hope everyone else had a good one too..

I spent mine in St. Kitts with my girlfriend (she is starting vet school at Ross University)...

Rossignol said:
Mike, hunting would be awesome tomorrow... weather totally sucks here. Nothin but rain and upland aint workin for us right now.

Good luck and have fun!

Saw 5 deer on Sat but got busted tryiong to get the gun on them. I was hunting from the ground with minimal cover.

Sunday it rained/snowed all day and I didn't see a thing. So ends MI's deer season.

DHonovich said:
I spent mine in St. Kitts with my girlfriend (she is starting vet school at Ross University)...

Has she started looking around yet for a competent tutor? Never too early, I say. ;)

Not yet but I am sure she will. I told her I can help out if she needs as well.

DHonovich said:
Not yet but I am sure she will. I told her I can help out if she needs as well.

Yeah, well.... what do you know, anyway? Just concentrate on giving backrubs and making decent coffee..... :lol:

Back