• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie from Illinois

Hello All,
I have recently received the Mossberg 835 with 24 and 26 inch ported barrels. I would like to take this shotgun and keep it in HD mode, when I am not in the field or at the range.
I have looked around and find 18.5" barrels from the factory, but I would like to go witha heavy 20" and mag tube extension...
any ideas and or sggestions..
thank you for reading and for the forum

Hi and How ya doin! The 835 I'm told is a wonderful firearm!

I dont know about putting the heavy barrel on it. You could opt for the Persuaders 20" barrel and mag tube set up and it should change out easily enough. The 20" allows for 7 + 1.

If you heart is set on the heavy barrel, may be something to start sockin away some cash for and get the 590A1 down the road.

^ Yeah, what he said.

...and welcome aboard. Be sure to check out the rest of the forum.

Enjoy and good luck finding your barrel!

Hey All,
what is this for the Persuaders 20" barrel.. I have not run across it...Will this fit on the 835? and what ammunition will it chamber and reliably fire?> shot and slugs? Sorry for the newb questions... I freely admit my newbness
and thanks for the welcome.

Here ya go man! This is my Persauder. Its a 500, but with a 20" barrel in this case and a full length mag tube with a 7 + 1 capacity. The barrel and mag tube are rather unlike some of the sporting gun mag tubes with a 6 round capacity being interchangable with other sporting barrels. The 20" configuration is a specific fit, but the 500 parts change out fairly well with the 835. You'd have to talk to someone with more knowledge than myself for specifics as to whether or not they work together, but I'm pretty sure they do...

200608_1681732918244_1085205913_31462065_8070925_n.jpg

HEy All,
Rossignol that looks nice, is the butt stock of 2 seperate colours?
i spoke to the mossberg people on the phone and they are adamnt that the 500 barrels are not to be used on the 835... is that just lawyer talk?

Yeah, the stock is the Hogue stock set with forend and will fit the 835! The over molded grippy area of the stock is darker because there is also a darker tan and black mixed in. Heres that thread;
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=855

Maybe its the other way around and the 835 stuff will fit the 500? I started a parts interchangability thread, but its not very filled in yet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Let me do some searching to figure out what your best option is for getting a 20" barrel on your Mossberg 835.

DHonovich,
thank you much for the help.
Maverick arms tells me they have 18.5 that will chamber 3.5" and fire slugs, that seems pretty versatile. How is mavericks quality, just in case i cant fond the 20"
I do think that the 20" and the ext mag would be a better option. I hope you can help me through this as I learn
Thank you

Maverick Arms is a division of Mossberg and they certainly make quality parts. I would have full confidence in one of their barrels.

Thanks for the feedback and information about maverick... they do not have the 20" and do not know which mag extension will flush up to their 18.5" barrel...If anyone has experience please let know.
Thank you for reading

Back