• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newest handgun purchase...Walther CCP

JRExplorer3

.270 WIN
Picked this one up just last Wed.

A Walther CCP in factory box with 2 mags, extra front sights and a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max IWB holster.
Seller said it wouldn't cycle reliably......
On vacation next week so I'll do a fluff and buff on it.
Then run a couple of different types of ammo through it and see how it runs.

After that I need to send it back to Walther for a drop safe recall.
If it doesn't function well I'll have them check it out while they have it for the recall update.

Here's the kicker........I paid $100 for everything :)

hzAvJlh.jpg

dHko1X4.jpg

v5fKxUm.jpg

v5fKxUm.jpg

I field stripped it and gave it a good cleaning and lube. Especially the gas tube.
Inspected, cleaned/lubed magazines.

Took it to the range today along with 2 other handguns we haven't shot since buying. A Ruger EC9S and a LC9S Pro.

Range Report:

Shooting Federal Champion 115 gr. FMJ RN Brass ammo.

Happy to report that the EC9S and LC9S Pro both functioned 100%.
Both with the factory mags and a Ruger 9 round extended mag. Mags interchanged with no issues.
At self defense ranges accurate enough to do serious damage.

I did note that the EC9S sights were sometimes hard to pick up quickly.
A couple of dabs of white nail polish might do the trick.

The Walther CCP functioned admirably. More range time is needed before carrying though.
Using the same 9mm ammo. 8-10 magazines run through, 8 rnd. each.
Quite accurate with the sights as is.

We had 1 fail to feed jam, nose dived round, 2nd round 2nd mag. Myself shooting.
We also had 2 instances of failure to hold open after last round. Wife was shooting both times.
Other than that no other issues. Overall a good $100 investment.
I did notice the gas tube area was starting to get warm before shooting the last magazine.

I filled out the return info and it's off to Walther tomorrow for the drop safe recall.
I included a note to check the fail to feed and fail to hold open after last round.

After that. For fun, A few hundred rounds of .22LR T-Bolts through the M&P22, M&P22C and Sig Mosquito and we were done. Only 1 FTF in the Sig out of all the .22LR.
Not bad for Remington Thunderbolts.

Back