• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newtown, CT adding police to schools

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I still feel absolutely sick for the folks that lost loved ones in Newtown. It looks like they understand that laws and gun free zones won't protect the innocent when evil is about.

NEWTOWN — The Board of Education, with several parents who have called for additional security looking on, voted unanimously Thursday night to request police school resource officers for all four elementary schools for next year, in addition to security officers in the budget.

The Board of Selectmen still needs to approve the request because, as sworn cops, the resource officers would be in the town budget.

The resource officers would be new for Sandy Hook, Head O’Meadow, Hawley and Middle Gate elementary schools. Newtown High School, Newtown Middle School and Reed Intermediate School all already have an officer.

But for some parents, one armed school resource officer and one unarmed security officer, as the school board proposes to have next year in each school, isn’t enough in the wake of the Dec. 14 mass shooting at Sandy Hook School.

What?! Bringing more firearms into the schools is a good thing?! OMG! OMG! (insert sarcasm) Take care. Tom Worthington.

Attachments

• 3K43L53I65Eb5K75J5ccg1c76622c31b9117b.jpg
    3K43L53I65Eb5K75J5ccg1c76622c31b9117b.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68
carbinemike said:
But for some parents, one armed school resource officer and one unarmed security officer, as the school board proposes to have next year in each school, isn’t enough in the wake of the Dec. 14 mass shooting at Sandy Hook School.[/i]

Potentially stupid question but wouldn't it make more sense to have the security officer armed as well? I know we have to take little steps with the liberal, gun-hater pouplation but maybe someone could bust out a box of crayons and draw them a picture explaining the tactical advantage of 2 vs 1. It just pisses me off to have to keep watching politicians and the media slapping each other on the backs for wasting time on ignorant "feel good" legislation and half-ass attempts to do the right thing........The fact that the School Board in Newtown, CT........the "epicenter" of this whole renewed gun-control debate.....is willing to place armed security in the schools says that OUR side is right.

I think it says it loud and clear......just a pity they half-assed the job.

Back