• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NFA Talk SE2EP11 Trudeau's 750M+ Gun Grab

Alas, he was groomed from college (perhaps before that) to become a liberal politician and a very successful one at that. He holds sway with many members of the Canadian Parliament and with many voters of his country. He is a force to be reckoned with.

His youth does not concern me, other than he is malleable to the liberal forces who are helping guide him as he is so fairly young.

I am more convinced than ever the liberals are willing to use military force against anyone that opposes them politically and/or ideologically if only given an excuse.

I heard the other day the U.S. Capitol Police are opening offices in Tampa, FL. and San Francisco, CA. Think about that, why would the Capitol police do that, and whose idea is it, and by what authority ? It is supposed to investigate threats against members of congress in conjunction with U.S. Attorney field offices.

Of course the January 6th riot at the Capitol is used as an excuse. Makes me wonder who was really the organizer behind the riot.

The amnesty for the May 1, 2020 OIC banning thousands of firearms has been extended by the government, after the CCFR submitted an injunction application to the Supreme Court to prevent the gov't from criminalizing gun owners. We have amnesty until October 30, 2023...I can't help but think they just picked that number out of a hat.

Some details of the proposed "buy-back" (confiscation) have made their way out, probably not an accident. They want to see the reaction they get. Anyway, if you wanna read about one of the most lame-brained attempts at governing I've ever heard of you can read about some of their plans here: https://calibremag.ca/gun-ban-by-mail-how-the-buyback-will-work/

Don't be fooled, the Liberals and Trudolph have pushed the "amnesty extension" to 2023 just in time to use firearm owners as a "scapegoat" when Elections come around again.

Yet they introduce this;

The Liberals have introduced Bill C-5 that eliminates a number of firearms offenses and the mandatory prison times, such as robbery with a firearm, discharging a firearm with intent to harm, and weapons trafficking. How will this stop gangs/criminal organizations

https://www.canada.ca/en/department...ndatory-minimum-penalties-to-be-repealed.html

The Canadian government recently held committee meetings on "gangs, guns, and border", all levels of LE and CBSA stated that "law abiding firearm owners are not the problem", "less than 1% of box cars get inspected by CBSA when they cross into Canada"

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220203/-1/36370

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220201/-1/36357

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220208/-1/36413#info_

Liberals admit their “military style” gun ban includes hunting and sporting rifles
The Trudeau government has finally confessed that its now-delayed gun ban on so-called “military style assault weapons” also applies to hunting and sporting rifles.

According to Blacklock’s Reporter, the Trudeau government’s 2020 firearms prohibition was so sweeping that sustenance and hunting firearms were also included.

An Analysis Statement to cabinet acknowledged this aspect of the ban despite prior insistence that it only applied to guns “designed to kill people.”

“Stakeholders raised concerns the Amnesty Order did not allow for the transportation of firearms that were previously non-restricted and used for sustenance hunting or to exercise a right under section 35 of the Constitution Act for maintenance purposes, for example for repair or sighting in preparation for hunting,” the notice claimed.

When announcing the order in 2020, Minister of Emergency Preparedness Bill Blair said that it would outlaw guns that had “no place in a civil society.”

“They were designed not for hunting and sporting purposes which is the lawful use of a firearm in Canada but rather for individuals to kill other individuals,” claimed Blair.

Read more at True North News here

https://membership.firearmrights.ca...&utm_campaign=week_in_review_18_mar_2022&n=27

Relevant pages of the Canada Gazette PDF are 172 - 187 (Numbered 863 - 878 in document).

Read the full document here

https://membership.firearmrights.ca...&utm_campaign=week_in_review_18_mar_2022&n=28

Trudolph is a "DB" and the vanity of anyone supporting his supremacy is mind blowing.

Compliance this time will be even lower than in the past. Some fudds have finally woke up due to the gov't banning their high powered (over 10K joules of energy) rifles.

However, its many of these same people that have voted against themselves and their gun owning brethren for decades and weren't smart enough to realize it. In my opinion, they are as responsible as trudy for the mess we're in.

If the ban is enforced, the government likely knows where most AR15's are located due to their restricted status (requiring registration to own one). There aren't many other guns that were banned that required registration so they truly have no idea where the bulk of those went. Even if the RCMP managed to obtain original records from gun stores, there's nothing saying these unregistered rifles haven't been sold or traded and no records are required. So, that's just a snipe hunt and the RCMP don't have the budget nor manpower to search the homes of 2.2 million licensed gun owners.

As the article I posted above makes pretty clear, no matter how many guns are recovered the gov't will claim success as they've grossly under-estimated the number of guns in circulation and they know compliance will be limited to mostly registered firearms. The bulk of newly prohibited rifles were never registered and will not be turned in. People will hold out hoping a new government will un-ban their lawfully, obtained and owned property.

Don't be fooled, the Liberals and Trudolph have pushed the "amnesty extension" to 2023 just in time to use firearm owners as a "scapegoat" when Elections come around again.

Yet they introduce this;

The Liberals have introduced Bill C-5 that eliminates a number of firearms offenses and the mandatory prison times, such as robbery with a firearm, discharging a firearm with intent to harm, and weapons trafficking. How will this stop gangs/criminal organizations

https://www.canada.ca/en/department...ndatory-minimum-penalties-to-be-repealed.html

The Canadian government recently held committee meetings on "gangs, guns, and border", all levels of LE and CBSA stated that "law abiding firearm owners are not the problem", "less than 1% of box cars get inspected by CBSA when they cross into Canada"

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220203/-1/36370

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220201/-1/36357

https://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20220208/-1/36413#info_

Liberals admit their “military style” gun ban includes hunting and sporting rifles
The Trudeau government has finally confessed that its now-delayed gun ban on so-called “military style assault weapons” also applies to hunting and sporting rifles.

According to Blacklock’s Reporter, the Trudeau government’s 2020 firearms prohibition was so sweeping that sustenance and hunting firearms were also included.

An Analysis Statement to cabinet acknowledged this aspect of the ban despite prior insistence that it only applied to guns “designed to kill people.”

“Stakeholders raised concerns the Amnesty Order did not allow for the transportation of firearms that were previously non-restricted and used for sustenance hunting or to exercise a right under section 35 of the Constitution Act for maintenance purposes, for example for repair or sighting in preparation for hunting,” the notice claimed.

When announcing the order in 2020, Minister of Emergency Preparedness Bill Blair said that it would outlaw guns that had “no place in a civil society.”

“They were designed not for hunting and sporting purposes which is the lawful use of a firearm in Canada but rather for individuals to kill other individuals,” claimed Blair.

Read more at True North News here

https://membership.firearmrights.ca...&utm_campaign=week_in_review_18_mar_2022&n=27

Relevant pages of the Canada Gazette PDF are 172 - 187 (Numbered 863 - 878 in document).

Read the full document here

https://membership.firearmrights.ca...&utm_campaign=week_in_review_18_mar_2022&n=28

Trudolph is a "DB" and the vanity of anyone supporting his supremacy is mind blowing.
Without a doubt we will be cannon fodder for another election cycle and trudy won't have to lift a finger until the next campaign starts. Why eliminate part of your election platform by actually completing something??? LOL!

Especially when it gets you votes from ignorant soy boys and airhead Instagram princesses??

Compliance this time will be even lower than in the past. Some fudds have finally woke up due to the gov't banning their high powered (over 10K joules of energy) rifles.

However, its many of these same people that have voted against themselves and their gun owning brethren for decades and weren't smart enough to realize it. In my opinion, they are as responsible as trudy for the mess we're in.

If the ban is enforced, the government likely knows where most AR15's are located due to their restricted status (requiring registration to own one). There aren't many other guns that were banned that required registration so they truly have no idea where the bulk of those went. Even if the RCMP managed to obtain original records from gun stores, there's nothing saying these unregistered rifles haven't been sold or traded and no records are required. So, that's just a snipe hunt and the RCMP don't have the budget nor manpower to search the homes of 2.2 million licensed gun owners.

As the article I posted above makes pretty clear, no matter how many guns are recovered the gov't will claim success as they've grossly under-estimated the number of guns in circulation and they know compliance will be limited to mostly registered firearms. The bulk of newly prohibited rifles were never registered and will not be turned in. People will hold out hoping a new government will un-ban their lawfully, obtained and owned property.

Cannot agree with you more on the "Hunting crowd" throwing the "Sport shooting" crowd under the bus more times than not, at least here in "Canada" anyway. I try to avoid this type of divisive behavior, I recently obtained my hunting license and look forward to getting out there and enjoy the sport further. An attack on 1 is an attack on us all!

I just wish that some would understand that a "MSR" is for some a better choice for them.

Take me for example I only have 1 arm, if it wasn't for the adjustability and ability to easily modify I would have a harder time operating most firearms safely with the possibility of not being able to operate it at all.

IMG-20201107-111717.jpg

Cannot agree with you more on the "Hunting crowd" throwing the "Sport shooting" crowd under the bus more times than not, at least here in "Canada" anyway. I try to avoid this type of divisive behavior, I recently obtained my hunting license and look forward to getting out there and enjoy the sport further. An attack on 1 is an attack on us all!

I just wish that some would understand that a "MSR" is for some a better choice for them.

Take me for example I only have 1 arm, if it wasn't for the adjustability and ability to easily modify I would have a harder time operating most firearms safely with the possibility of not being able to operate it at all.

IMG-20201107-111717.jpg
Awesome man. I love that.

I'm primarily a hunter, not a sport shooter. I've never understood the disconnect that many hunters have had from the wider gun owning community. It makes no sense to me. There seems to be a level of disdain for people who don't share their views on ownership or what constitutes a hunting firearm. For whatever reason, like in so many other life circumstances some people can't support others who hold even a slightly different view. Though in this case, both inhabit the same side of the coin even if one doesn't recognize it.

Sport shooters have by default been fighting for all gun owners rights for decades. The same cannot be said for many in the hunting crowd.

I hope that these liberal ass-hats now in gov't have finally dispelled the myth that hunters and farmers rifles and shotguns are safe from confiscation.

Awesome man. I love that.

I'm primarily a hunter, not a sport shooter. I've never understood the disconnect that many hunters have had from the wider gun owning community. It makes no sense to me. There seems to be a level of disdain for people who don't share their views on ownership or what constitutes a hunting firearm. For whatever reason, like in so many other life circumstances some people can't support others who hold even a slightly different view. Though in this case, both inhabit the same side of the coin even if one doesn't recognize it.

Sport shooters have by default been fighting for all gun owners rights for decades. The same cannot be said for many in the hunting crowd.

I hope that these liberal ass-hats now in gov't have finally dispelled the myth that hunters and farmers rifles and shotguns are safe from confiscation.

Looks like our fight just got harder with that greaseball Jagmeet Singh and the NDP forming a Coalition with the Libranos until 2025.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...UQFnoECEUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw31OsPMhbawAMcl0GsveufH

Modern sporting rifles do not make it any easier to kill people. It’s very easy to kill people and you don’t need a gun at all.

These modern sporting rifles make it easier for people of small stature (like women and old ladies) to defend themselves effectively from predators.

Go watch those Ukrainian babushkas shooting at the rooskis on YouTube, and you can see what Canada has its future if those iceheads start coming over the pole.

Because Canada stands physically between United States and Russia, it is in my interest that the average Canadian citizen or indigenous inhabitant be as well armed as any Russian conscript.

if Canadians are not enjoying the show in Ukraine right now, I understand. I hope those Uninspected northbound freight cars are loaded with the necessary.

Modern sporting rifles do not make it any easier to kill people. It’s very easy to kill people and you don’t need a gun at all.

These modern sporting rifles make it easier for people of small stature (like women and old ladies) to defend themselves effectively from predators.

Go watch those Ukrainian babushkas shooting at the rooskis on YouTube, and you can see what Canada has its future if those iceheads start coming over the pole.

Because Canada stands physically between United States and Russia, it is in my interest that the average Canadian citizen or indigenous inhabitant be as well armed as any Russian conscript.

if Canadians are not enjoying the show in Ukraine right now, I understand. I hope those Uninspected northbound freight cars are loaded with the necessary.
Answer.jpg

Trudeau's Gun Control: A Brief Respite for Law Abiding Canadians

https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...rol-a-brief-respite-for-law-abiding-canadians

Trudeau’s Gun Control: A Brief Respite for Law Abiding Canadians
MONDAY, MARCH 28, 2022

remote.axd

Two years ago, Canada’s Liberal Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, announced a sweeping, immediate ban of thousands of firearm models and variants, imposed unilaterally through Orders in Council. The rationale was that these previously lawful sporting and hunting guns were “military grade assault weapons,” a term that doesn’t exist in Canadian law.

Although the transfer, transport and use of these firearms was almost entirely prohibited as of May 1, a two-year amnesty period allowed affected firearm owners to continue to possess their guns pending the implementation of a government confiscation program (“buy-back”) and grandfathering option, with details to be announced.

Late in 2020, IBM Canada Ltd. was retained by the government to “develop a range of options and approaches to inform the design and implementation” of the gun confiscation.

Through an access to information request, the Canadian Taxpayers Federation (CTF) has obtained a copy of IBM’s advice document on “comprehensive program design options” for implementation. Dated May 14, 2021, large portions have been redacted, notably the part titled “Collection” (options, feasibility assessment, risk assessment, other considerations) and the amount for “Cost of Firearms Purchased” (Table 2 on page 50). An attached document, Compensation Model Options, Draft Final Report (Public Safety Canada, last updated April 22, 2021), likewise has its “estimated costing analysis” and a reference to “potential range of estimated compensation” completely removed.

The Liberal government has still not indicated how it plans to implement the confiscation, compensation, and grandfathering associated with the May 2020 Orders in Council. Now, on the threshold of the expiration of the amnesty, the government has done the only thing possible short of scrapping the gun ban and confiscation law entirely and quietly announced an extension of the amnesty period until October 30, 2023.

The relevant Order in Council, SOR/2022-45, supersedes the original May 2020 amnesty regulation. Besides extending the amnesty, this addresses several problems that had not been thought through at the time the law went into effect, as outlined in the Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement at the end of the order. (One example of these awkward omissions was that the Bank of Canada, a Crown corporation and the nation’s central bank, “could not use part of its inventory [of firearms], which it possessed and used prior to the May 1, 2020, ban, to protect its assets, premises, and individuals because some firearms are now prohibited and its personnel are not currently legally permitted to use them.” The new order now allows the bank’s security personnel to resume use of its current inventory “to effectively defend its premises, assets, and individuals from an armed attack.”)

It is not clear why Trudeau’s government has developed a case of cold feet over its confiscation program. The Regulatory Impact Analysis Statement disingenuously advises that the “extension of time would be beneficial to affected owners who have not yet come into compliance and who must either avail themselves of the future buyback program or deactivate their firearm” – essentially, the extension is useful because it’s impossible to comply with a nonexistent program.

We’re guessing there are at least two possible reasons for the delay: finances and optics.

According to a recent study by the Fraser Institute, an independent, non-partisan Canadian think-tank, Prime Minister Trudeau has already broken the record “for the highest level of per-person federal spending in Canada’s history … This was before the COVID-19 pandemic hit the country. In other words, Canada entered the pandemic with spending levels that were already at record highs,” and the situation has not improved with the added financial pressures of the pandemic.

The available estimates for enforcing Trudeau’s pointless gun ban and confiscation law have climbed drastically from an initial figure of CAD$200M, to $300-400M, and to just short of $800M (which did not include “administration costs which could add billions of dollars to the final tab”). Federal officials have consistently dodged questions about the price tag, and the above-mentioned government documents, for some reason, have scrubbed all references to implementation costs and compensation amounts. Commenting on the program last year, Franco Terrazzano of the CTF taxpayer watchdog group warned that, “[w]e continue to find more and more evidence of rising costs, and that should be a huge red flag for a government that is already more than $1 trillion in debt and hasn’t bought a single gun.”

Trudeau’s government has faced criticism at home and abroad after Trudeau invoked, for the first time ever, the federal Emergencies Act and declared a “public order emergency” in response to protests over a federal vaccine mandate last month. Besides the warrantless seizure of private property, suspension of commercial licenses and insurance, and freezing of personal and business bank accounts and crypto-wallets without court order (here and here), shocking images from the protest that went viral included a 4-foot, 10-inch great-grandfather being handcuffed, shoved to the ground, and arrested for honking his car horn; an unresisting protester apparently being kneed repeatedly; and horses trampling peaceful demonstrators, including an elderly woman on a mobility scooter.

The last thing that the Liberal government should want now is to be associated with scenes of thousands of decent citizens – farmers, hunters, sports shooters, veterans and other everyday Canadians – having their property confiscated by the police and other government officials. The advice document recognizes as much: “the point at which [gun owners] relinquish ownership of their NPF [newly prohibited firearm] will be the defining experience of the entire program” and “[t]his is also true for media coverage … which will use the imagery of this part of the program to represent the entire program.”

For now, the amnesty extension means gun owners have some time before they have to face this “defining experience of the entire program.” Unfortunately for Canadians – gun owners and taxpayers alike – the government has opted to defer rather than drop the gun-ban-and-grab program, despite it showing every sign of being as astronomically expensive and completely ineffective as the Liberal’s previous spectacular failure in gun control, the national long gun registry.

Forgive me for being naive, but I did not realize Canada had a problem with firearms. Perhaps the U.S. media does not talk about gun violence in Canada, or, perhaps gun violence is not the problem Trudeau makes it out to be.

Or, could it be that he knows the government has to confiscate legally obtained firearms, from law abiding citizens, in order to implement his draconian measures against the citizens of Canada?

Back