• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NIKE/Kapernick Ad doesn't work for me, but this does....

Yeah, nike is just mad that they don't supply footwear to the military.

Like REEBOK.

From what I understand, Katfurdick had a contract with Nakee long before he started kneeling because he SUCKS! For whatever reason they sought to capitalize on it now.

New slogan: "Just Boycott It"... And Levi's, too! :mad:

I own a dozen pair of Nike skate shoes and they are the only kind I can skate in. They are all old and used, but I still skate in them because Nike quit making my favorite model.

20180908_111530_resized.jpg
Nothing else seems to work for me, and I have hated Nike ever since they quit making my favorite shoe.

Now I have many more reasons to hate them, & thus I am quite happy that I have not bought a pair of Nikes in years.

I better take care of the ones I own, because I will never buy a new pair of shoes from them now.

https://www.thewrap.com/colin-kaepernick-nike-stock-loses-4-billion-market-cap/

excerpts from link above

NKE stock drops about 4 percent at Tuesday’s open

Nike just lost about $3.75 billion in market

At the time of this writing, the sneaker company’s intra-day market capitalization was $127.82 billion. On Friday, that number had been $131.57 billion.

NKE-stock.jpg

I do recall shoes being one of chinas largest us imports. I'd rather them tariff shoes than many other things.

Heck, I'd tariff all foreign imports from china especially. They rip off patents openly.

It would be hard to take a big hit like that in a couple of days and have a 31% increase in sales. Something smells.

That's OK. We'll see what their 4th quarter sales turn out to be. Then we will be able to make up our own mind whether they're being truthful, or if they're full of shit.

The thing is, making false statements to their investors in order to artificially inflate their stocks is unlawful. So, they may want to be really careful with the press releases they put out if they are anything less than truthful.

I figured the spike came from supporters running out and buying shoes.

They will feel the hit long term as people look elsewhere for their next purchase. Those numbers take longer to show themselves on the books.

Walmart & others probably sensed the opportunity to cut a deal because of the stock plunge, and ordered a huge lot of goods at once, because they could demand a better wholesale price.

It's late for this one, but another good reason to forget Nike:

swnike.jpg

Worst sport in the history of the sport. Swore a man cheated her by giving "her" win to another woman.
She could have taken it like a champion, but instead she chose to whine like a little girl.

Just shows that you can be the champ and yet still be a loser.

My daughter plays volleyball in high school and club. Both are/were "sponsored" by NIKE and required purchases (at a discount? :rolleyes:) of branded items from them including volleyball shoes (sneakers). She went though one year of using the uncomfortable Nikes at which point they were worn out and we got her a pair of ASICS. She loves these and we haven't gotten any flack about non-issued footwear. She is on her second pair. Keep in mind we are talking a $100+ pair of sneakers here, and really a "tool" of play that helps an athlete perform...

Anyhow, NIKE can suck my a$$!

Back