• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Noob needs help finding heat shield please help!

Old soldier

Copper BB
Greetings fellow forum members. I am trying to precisely identify the metal Parkerized heat shield which has the long bar that rides between the barrel and the mag tube which has the small ears that the screws pass through. I am going to try to upload images of what I am talking about for the sake of clarity

In advance I wish to thanks any contributors for their help.

Best regards,

Old soldier

image.jpg Two pieces - heat shield, bar w ears with screws

image.jpg

image.jpg

Can any one give me the part numbers of:

1. Parkerized metal heat shield
  2. Long piece that rides I between barrel and mag
  3. Screws with nuts
  4. Complete kit
Thanks

Welcome to the forum from NY. What model are you going to use the heat shield on?

That's the Mossberg heat shield, it comes with all of that: the screws, nuts, and black plastic spacer that you are supposed to cut to size.

That will fit a 500A or a 590 thin walled barrel. It will not fit a 590A1 barrel for that you need a 16335P ,that's why I was asking what model.
Agreed.
But it looks like people have fit it to the heavier barrel, by the reviews.
As with many things, too much fat, not enough meat ;)

Not knowing the persons capabilities or wanting to fudge it, I wanted to give them the choice of both.;)

That's the Mossberg heat shield, it comes with all of that: the screws, nuts, and black plastic spacer that you are supposed to cut to size.

^ This is correct.

Mossberg part numbers are as follows:

#95065 - blued finish, $26.46
#95066 - parkerized, $34.18

You can order directly from the Mossberg web store or call to order (800) 363-3555...

Thanks for the welcome from N.Y. I GREW UP THERE as a city kid going to the Catskills and Adirondacks in the summers. Wow! All I can say is that I am very grateful and extremely impressed with the tremendous response. I appreciate the support.

I apologize for not being more specific about the model. Mine is a model 500 cruiser with am 18.5" barrel that has a small bead front sight. I am guessing here - but I suspect that it is a standard barrel.

Thanks so much for the part numbers and also the id on the part (spacer). I am going to go hunting up those parts now. I' m going to try to find them used first to save a little if I can, if not then just order them directly.

Again my sincere thanks for the support- this is a great forum with some really -"throw in" members!

Best regards,

Old soldier

Mine is a model 500 cruiser with am 18.5" barrel that has a small bead front sight. I am guessing here - but I suspect that it is a standard barrel.

Just a heads-up,

Some 500 Cruiser models are set up with a 590A1 heavy barrel and a 590/835 type mag tube assembly. A quick check of your mag tube cap will determine which you have. If the cap threads "into" the tube as shown in the photo from your initial post, then you have a standard 500 assembly and barrel. If the cap threads "over" the tube, then you likely have a heavy barrel and will need to order the 590A1 heatshield for the optimal fit.

It's good to have you on board and we're glad you're finding the forum useful...

Thanks Lazy Eyed, I appreciate the tech support with a conclusive ID of exactly which set up I have. I am going to have a close look to determine exactly what I have before I make an order.

Best regards, Old soldier

Back