• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NY SAFE Act Update… sadness

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Gentlemen,

An update is in order. I've been paying attention since the beginning (and fighting the good fight with money, time at rallies and letters written) and I have to say I will begin with…. RINOs are a dangerous thing and that they have infiltrated our gun rights group fighting the SAFE Act.

So here's the skinny:

SAFE Act was heard by the appellate court and we are still waiting on a ruling on various provisions.

In the meanwhile the RINO senate leader (Skelos) has been indicted in a corruption scandal (good eff him he was pivotal in getting the SAFE Act passed in the Senate to push it to the democrat owned Assembly, hope his RINO ass burns as he takes it routinely from bubba and bubba sr in jail).

My elected supposedly conservative replacement for my District (My former went for US house and beat the incumbent anti-gun congressman), elected willingly to replace a POS RINO with another POS RINO (Flannagan) who also voted for the SAFE Act as the new Senate Leader.

So where does that leave us…. well we had a chance to usher a full repeal by holding up the NYC rent control bill…. but they caved.

So Cuomo and this new leader formed a MOU (Memorandum of Understanding). In it Cuomo willingly says he won't activate the Ammo background check and log book provisions of the SAFE Act for an "indefinite" period of time. Let me tell you what that means… squat. First, they won't enforce it because they have no ability to, have no technology to push out to track this information, and the Feds said they can't use the NICS system to verify at the counter for every ammo purchase you make in NYS. Second, the MOU has no legal bearing because it won't circumvent the law as the assembly nor the senate voted on it.

So it's super gay.

But it gets better. NYSRPA (New York State Rifle and Pistol Association), the ones heading the lawsuit, came out when the MOU was signed and PRAISED IT as if it was some god send and lauded the new Senate Majority Leader as if he walked on water and pissed bullets and farted gun powder. It was really embarrassing.

It gets worse actually. Like really bad… a few days ago NYSRPA put out a Facebook post supporting and defending a bill to ELIMINATE all realistic toy guns from NYS.

I
SH!T
YOU
NOT

This bill will most likely include cap guns, bb guns, and air soft guns due to the vague wording.

They even pulled out "its for the children" card and everything. My jaw dropped. Guess how many kids they admitted died from police fire due to semi real toy guns… 8 in NYS. They got hammered by the membership and many of us have pulled full support from them now. They have since erased that post from existence. A member contacted the President of the organization and got a one sentence response…. "It was an employee not me".

NY is dead in the water with RINOs and will basically eat its own to stay in power.

I've picked up a few real estate books for TN….. I've basically convinced the wife it's go time when my step son graduates HS.

That's the story and if you made it this far without punching your computer screen or peeing on a map of NYS to assert dominance you need a beer.

Water Monkey

Unbelievable. .....I grew up in NYC my whole life and those clowns aren't making a damn thing safer.....Your decision to move is a smart one water.... I'm in NJ now which is jast as effin dumb and oppressive....

I dont think.there are many real Rs or Ds any more. These a holes just run under whatever moniker they think will get them in office. Even worse is that many prob don't even agree with what they vote for but dont want to go against their peers for fear of not getting reelected. They dont care about whats right they only care about their power and maintainjng it. The whole systen is totally broken.

People from all over need to take notice, any place is just one tragic event and few liberal votes away from similar scenarios. Dont think it cant happen.

I feel for every gun owner in NY and elsewhere with similar legislation.

A "law" not complied with is NOT a just law... What is it, less than 1% compliance or something? Cumhole is sad--NPR LINK (yes, I listen to NPR as well as other "talk" radio... ;))

I almost threw my phone....but my arm is in a sling...so I dropped and stepped on it. Good thing it's a commando.
They douches really need term limits...
This is uutterly disgusting ....

Whoa!! Holy crap! Those kind of laws are worse than ours!! At least they don't record ammo purchases here...I understand that they're not doing it yet in NYS but to even suggest such a thing is ridiculous!!

Fortunately we have a very vocal gun community here which is keeping the wolf away from the door...but the moment we let up for even a minute the antis keep pushing for stricter rules and bigger hoops to jump through.

I don't blame you for wanting out. We don't get that option here...all firearms law is federal...period. Don't matter where you live.

We ALL need to keep fighting and writing letters and threatening politicians with the ash can if they keep pushing to take our guns and eradicate our freedom.

Thanks for the update @Water Monkey...however disappointing it may be.

Thanks for the update even if it's not good news. As the case makes it's way through the courts are you hearing anything more that NY may be forced to combine court cases with CT and request a scotus ruling? I don't really like that but as it is, scotus doesn't seem inclined to hear a gun case even as politicians around the country slowly trample the Heller and McDonald decisions. That may not be a bad thing though with this scotus group after they ruled it was ok to force citizens to buy a product and fine them, no called a tax and that it was ok for the president to arbitrarily change laws after congress passed/he signed them.

I cannot imagine living in such an anti-gun environment. I hope you will soon move to a fairer state, WM. TN will welcome you and your family as well as your firearms.

Then we'll be neighbors!

Yep. Lots of good folks around here. I'm just north of TN.

Actually, I can be in TN, VA, or KY in a matter of minutes.

Makes it kinda nice really.

That really sucks brother.

On the up side, if you end up anywhere close to Nashville you've got a shoot'n buddy and a free trial at the best gun range in the state. That and there are lots of really awesome trails in these parts to support your camping habit. I'll roll out with you if you and your hippie dippy hammock don't mind hanging out with a ground dweller...

Thanks gentlemen…. 4 more years and I'm gone. Even if I have to drag my wife by her feet.

TN seems like the place to be. No state income tax, low property taxes, freedom… real America.

Being near Nashville might be the way to go but I'm still looking. Being in NY I'm a bit jaded and hate neighbors… because people here suck. I'm a country boy at heart anyway so I'm looking for some land.

BUT I have city skills being a CPA… decisions, decisions.

When it gets close to the "time" I'm going to reach out for real estate and town info from you fine gentlemen. After, we do the 3 B's…. Bullets, Barbecue, Beer!

I'm bout 25-30 miles outside Nashville and drive into the city for work.

Our neighborhood is tucked in between a golf course and a big plot of land with horses, sheep, chickens, etc. Nashville proper is pretty compact, not too spread out at all compared to many major cities. Mt. Juliet or Lebanon are where it's at as far as lots of land, cheaper to build, etc. Give me a shout when you're ready and I'll fill in the blanks for you if needed...

Back