• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Obama playing chicken with Americans......

TravisM.1

.270 WIN
http://www.americanthinker.com/2013..._with_american_men.html#.UPn1DHTPVMU.facebook

An exerpt-

Consider the following possibility; common sense dictates that the progressives have already considered it. Someday, federal officers are going to visit the home of a man who owns a so-called "assault style weapon". He has a family and a job. He pays his taxes. He has no criminal record. Not even a parking ticket. He purchased his gun legally. He uses it for target shooting. He thinks of it as an investment in the protection of his family and his nation, and his personal stand for constitutional liberty

The federal officers are going to tell him that his weapon has been banned, that the deadline has passed for him to turn it in at the local police station, and that he must turn it over immediately. He is going to refuse, on the reasonable principle that a man is not obliged to obey a law that fundamentally violates his constitutionally protected rights. The officers, who will have been trained to regard such "resisters" as hostile and as mentally unstable, will call in for back-up and then give this law-abiding patriot an ultimatum: produce your banned weapon peacefully at once, or be taken into custody on charges of illegal possession of a firearm, and possibly subjected to psychiatric assessment.

If this man gives in and hands the officers his weapon, he will feel for the rest of his life that he has been broken -- that when push came to shove, he did not have the courage to stand up for his children's future. This, in short, is how the federal officials who sent the officers to his door want him to feel, and how they want everyone to feel: weak, ineffectual, emasculated, and submissive. It is how they want you to feel when federal agents molest your wife at the airport, and photograph your pubescent daughter in a naked scanner. It is how they want you to feel about your "private" health records being permanently on file with a half dozen federal agencies, to be opened at their discretion. It is how they want you to feel about the thousand bank-breaking regulations you are obliged to comb through and comply with in the names of "sustainability," "social justice," "anti-discrimination," and a dozen other fronts in the war on self-governance.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/01/ ... U.facebook#ixzz2IS5Y8URp
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

I've played chicken before.

I've seen chicken being played by others before.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJJFc773lgA[/youtube]

I've played chicken. You know as soon as you look into a guys eyes if he's gonna give or not.

I've never lost, look into my eyes.

Good points, good post. Its gonna happen someday, some are gonna comply... but it just takes one spark to ignite the fire and then there will be hell.

Then now is the time to establish community sanctuaries, call lists and safe houses. Places for "if and/or when" this happens men of moral fortitude can rely on for assistance. A man needs to know who has his back and who can't be trusted. Not an easy task in this fragmented society. Many will give in, many won't. It depends on the character of the man AND the loyalty of his family. Many will give in for the sake of his family and shouldn't be condemned. But many won't for the same reason. They should not be condemned nor should they be martyrs. There is strength in numbers, not just in having the ability to withstand an assault but in the knowledge that he is not alone.

That is my fear, that when the "when" comes there will not be anyone to stand beside us. Communities are no longer collective in nature. Everyone goes about their own lives with tunnel vision, myself included at times. There is no "one for all, all for one" in the neighborhoods anymore. Only distrust. There are more people who peer through windows looking for something to get their neighbors into trouble than there are those who look to help a neighbor. Seeing a black sedan pull up outside a neighbors house and the occupants detained will cause more distrust. I foresee a large program started by the powers-that-be to pay neighbors to turn each other in. It is a way to divide and conquer. Hard to band together when you don't know who is a mole and who is not.

Ok, I'll get off my doomsayer stump now. Just something that got stuck in my head and won't leave me alone...who can I trust?

OhioArcher said:
who can I trust?

If you are asking yourself this question now, you are in for some deep thought ahead.

Look into your local patriot groups and clubs, open your ears and shut your mouth…..

originalbannedassaultrifle_zpsaa561746.jpg

What is a "Three Percenter"?
During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

we'll call it food for thought

John A. said:
OhioArcher said:
who can I trust?

If you are asking yourself this question now, you are in for some deep thought ahead.

Probably so. Still a good thing to think about in our changing climate.

oli700 said:
Look into your local patriot groups and clubs, open your ears and shut your mouth…..

originalbannedassaultrifle_zpsaa561746.jpg

What is a "Three Percenter"?
During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any further circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

we'll call it food for thought

Yes, excellent advise. And an excellent article to ponder...

Back