• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Obamacare

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I think they will scrap the whole thing and put it back on Congress. That's my hope too. At a minimum I think the individual mandate is history. The whole thing stinks of everything Obama said he wouldn't do when he ran for the office. I won't get started on Nancy Pelosi.

I guess we'll have an answer soon.

Re: Any predictions how Supreme Court will rule on Obamacare

I'm guessing the individual mandate will be ruled out. However, I think they might leave the rest alone, which will make for a real mess. I also don't think they are in any hurry to let us in on their decision. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I think it could get ugly either way.

They dems have already laid the groundwork for excuses in case it fails. They will scream judicial activism, even though judicial activivsm is something entirely different. THey will also use it as a wedge to say "look what we tried to do and the right wingers took it away!!!"

I also don't see things going too smoothly if it is upheld either.

I hope the whole things gets stricken down. We definitely need some revamping of the HC system in the US but this is not the answer.

It appears the court will be making their announcement on Thursday. You can bet there is a Las Vegas line on it. Take care. Tom Worthington.

I saw a poll where only about 10% of the people felt the Supreme Court would keep Obamacare intact. Somthing like 50% thought it would be scrapped and the rest thought the individual mandate would be dumped but the rest kept.

I don't know how the madate can be dumped but not the rest since that was how they were planning to force healthy young people into giving them money.

What was math class like for the bureaucrats that think you can add 40-50 million uninsured people to the system and lower costs at the same time?

Obviously, the decision is due out in 2 days, and since my crystal ball doesn't work, I will only say that a lot of people are hoping they rule the individual mandate unconstitutional, because that is how they planned to fund the program.

From all that money that young, healthy people would be pumping into it and getting very little out of it.

Having started my family at a very young age (barely 20 years old) I paid up to almost $450 a month in insurance premiums for years and years.

In reality, If it had just been me, I could've just paid the hospital what they charged and saved a lot of money had it just been myself, but you know how babies and small school children are, they're always sick with something.

So I was stuck working a week a month just to pay for the insurance.

From the time I was 20 years old to 30 years old, I would honestly guess that I personally went to the doctor maybe once every other year.

I could've just paid the $500 for a decade's worth of doctor office visits and saved over $15,500 from what I paid out to the Insurance company.

But I have never liked the required mandate, I think it is wrong, I think it is unfair to require a person to pay it, it's bad for the economy, it's bad for employers, it's bad for the hospitals and doctors and the rest of the medical industry, etc etc etc.

The bill should be ruled unconstitutional, because I think it is unconstitutional.

I can't make everyone buy a gun every month, they shouldn't be allowed to make me pay for something that I don't want or dont' need every month. The individual person should have the final decision whether they want to buy something or not. That is one of our most basic freedoms of choice.

I have never liked this law, and felt entirely betrayed when the Demon-craps passed it.

Well, todays the day. And with all of the complaining over this law, from what I have heard, read etc., only about 2% of the people even have bothered to read it. The whole thing. I know I haven't. The Obama administration did a very poor job of advertising why it was good for this country, or people are really that stupid thinking the Govt could actually set up death panels. Sheesh. I hope we all get exactly what we ask for.

You think things are bad now, don't give young kids jobs or opportunities, let them run the streets with no reponsibilities or means to earn self respect and burden them with debt they had nothing to do with in the first place, we'll find out how bad things can really get. I wish I saw hope for our country, but with split decisions from the Supreme Court on items as large as "Corporations are People Too" putting our whole system up for sale to the highest bidder is making me sick and tired. It seems we are more worried about gays or illegal immigrants than the economy. At least that's what the politicians are telling me anyway.

I have reached the conclusion that I just have to be honest with my children and tell them I'm sorry, but your life is probably going to be a lot harder than mine because we are as a species greedy and don't give a #### about our fellow man. Jesus had it right, Teach a man to fish..... But now, it's all about money. Where will it all end? :(

Paul

Looks like Roberts voted with the left. It has been upheld but the mandate is now a tax.

We have just opened Pandora's box......

Wow...I can't believe Obamacare was completely upheld. So the government can now force us into making private contracts based on their ability to regulate interstate commerce?...I'm not buying that no matter what the court ruled today.

Another freedom is yanked from the people and given to the federal government.

Today is a sad day for our nation.

Sad day indeed and the door has been opened for even more. Once a precident has been set it will be used for anything imaginable.....and unimaginable.

Chief Justice Roberts is a traitor to his nation and lovers of freedom.

carbinemike said:
Chief Justice Roberts is a traitor to his nation and lovers of freedom.

He is not alone.

And I still think it is wrong to REQUIRE everyone to buy a product or to tax those who do not.

Next, we'll all have to buy peanuts.

It doesn't matter if we're allergic to them or not, since we'll have insurance to pay for some of the hospital bills resulting from anaphylaxic shock.

Maybe we'll all be required to buy those solar panel from Solyndra's while we're at it.

This makes me sick. :x

As the bill is curently written the mandate is not a tax. To change it and make it fit the current SCOTUS decision I believe it must be ameded and make another pass through congress for approval. The herd of RHINOs in DC will get another chance to make it right. I don't have much confidence in them at this point, and haven't for some time but the war is not quite over yet.

Certainly not the way I thought things would go. :? Obama wins, I lose. Don't know how else to spin it. Take care. Tom Worthington.

GOA said:
ObamaCare Decision Means Feds Will Continue to Cull Gun Owner Information

...Centralizing these medical records will allow the FBI to troll a list of Americans for ailments such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to deny them their gun rights, in the same way that the Veterans Administration has already denied more than 150,000 veterans their right to bear arms...

Link to full article

I have had the states mandating to me for so long now I don't know why this even made a blip. :| I have to buy and use a helmet to ride my motorcycle. I have to wear a seatbelt. I have to have insurance for my car/bikes home. To me it's all a tax. Do you know how much a good motorcycle Helmet cost? :eek: I have to spend money to meet the requirements of the various state laws, so how is this any different? Don't bother to answer. It's just a rant. Why can't I run with scissors in my hand? We have been trying to legislate out stupidity for the last 50 years. :eek: So, instead of complaining, we have to be involved and vote. FWIW.

Paul

Obama flatly denied on multiple occassions that the mandate was/is a tax, publically even.

Roberts, in his decision, called it a tax and based on that said it was constitional under the commerce clause.

Even if repealed, precedent has been set. Health care, or Health CONTROL rather isnt the sole issue here with the ruling. The precedent allows for ... well, anything as yall have already alluded to. Johns right, we could be forced into buyin from the pet corporations like solyndra that are given huge breaks by the admin. Could be solyndra, could be a food producer, diet clinic if they say we're too fat... anything. And they can make us buy insurance, they can certainly control what we eat and drink, where we buy our electric, from what kind of source, etc... There is no end of it.

This is also the single largest tax increase ever, and though Obama promised it wouldnt affect the "middle class", the middle class is hit the hardest with increases.

Good bye individual and personal freedoms and liberty, Hello USS of A. unless we can make a difference in Nov.

Otherwise, it may well be time to hoist the jolly roger.

jolly-roger-flag.jpg

I remember feeling good about my country when I was a kid, putting our flag up in the morning and taking it in at night, when we celebrated the bi-centennial, the first time I voted (pulled the lever for Reagan) and when I signed up for Selective Service. Since yesterday the Supreme Court makes me feel even more like a subject and less like a citizen. I started to feel it chipping away under Clinton and it's been getting worse since. It was probably going on longer than that but that was when I noticed it. I really worry for my country.

"For the Roman's knew that when the Bread and Circuses ran out...Blood and Iron was sure to follow."

- Mylastrook

Back