• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Off Grid liveing .

How many of you live off the grid ? Or how many would love to live off grid ?
I would love to have some land somewhere surrounded by national forest land . That way I would not have to worry about land developers takeing over the land around me and building malls etc.
When I say off grid I just mean the land and shelter. I still have to go to work[emoji20]. I would like to make my own power solar panels
Grow and can my own veggies. Raise a cow or two a hog a few chickens for eggs. Hunt and fish for the rest.
I had the cabin the land was surounded by forestry land. I had a well for my water a garden spot . It wasn't to far from town . I had electric there . When I had that I wasn't into prepping then . If I had that now I would have a pump house built. I would have solar panels and a shed to house the batteries etc. I would have a root seller built. My garden. I didn't have enough land for the cows and pigs . I could have had chickens . I lost the place soon after my divorce . Now that I have focus and I am a little smarter and I know what I want to do . I don't have the income to buy a place like that. I live in the country now it isn't my land it my girlfriends parents . So it's not a whole lot better then city liveing[emoji51]
I'm hopeing I can find some place around that I can do the things that I mentioned.
It would have to be a lease or rented .
I don't think at my age and income bracket I will ever be able to buy land again. I had to have help getting the land I owned before . That was 20 yrs ago. So my plans are to rent my off grid spot.
How many of you rent or lease you off grid land or bug out place? Or do you have a land contract.

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

46, it sounds like you, as many do, we're living the dream. Then a divorce destroys it all. A scenario repeated all too frequently.

If nothing else, being older allows one to look back and ponder what coulda shoulda been. I am a city dweller, but I can dream. Oh, to go back 40-50 years.

Back