• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Open range

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I don't normally open our private range up to anyone except for direct family. It works out better that way. You don't have to worry about thieves stealing your expensive steel targets that I leave hanging up there, you don't have to worry about idiots shooting steel core into your soft rimfire targets, and you don't have a mess to clean up every time you turn around.

But I made an exception this week for some people that went to church with my parents and uncle for many years.

Anyway, there were 6 folks in their family that had been wanting to get their concealed carry licenses. Not that it matters, but mostly women. All sisters and one husband.

After they finished with their live fire range session, they picked up their brass and put it in a ziplock and left it on the table.

So, I got a nice little score of reloadable brass out of the deal, and was glad to be able to help some extended friends be better prepared to take care of themselves. And who knows, just maybe one of those may even help take care of someone in my family if I'm absent or unable.

The little church they go to has a couple dozen regular members. After this week, almost every single one of those are licensed to carry.

Its' certainly not one of the largest churches you've ever seen. But it is probably one of the safest and friendliest you would ever attend.

Thanks pawpaw. I try.

It was a good reason to open the gate.

More people are safe, and for all intents and purposes, the community may be a little safer because of it too.

Nice ending to a good deed. It sounds like they were very appreciative and respectful of you and your property. +1.

My parents went to church there for a long time, though my Mom has been going to a different one lately. My uncle still goes there. In all honesty, they've been good to me and my family too. Weddings, bringing food to the family when my Dad died, etc.

I wouldn't have said no. That's just not how it works.

Back