• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Parts?

Abouttime

.22LR
I received a 801 rifle by way of UPS to my dealer. In the handling the bolt handle was sheared off of the bolt. I called Mossberg Customer service today and they said that the 801 AND the 802 were discontinued models and they did not have any parts except magazines!

Question: If Mossberg does not have any parts for a firearm they recently sold, where do I go to find what I need? And why do they list these firearms on their website?

That is really surprising but did you try www.havlinsales.com yet? I would give them a call and they might be able to point you in the right direction.

VitSports6 said:
Any pic's of the sheered off handle? Can it be fixed?

Welcome and good luck!

I posted a picture on the facebook page for Mossberg owners. The bolt handle sheared off right at the bolt. It looks like the bolt handle was screwed into the bolt and broke off at the threads. What is even more frustrating than it happened is the fact the Mossberg apparently does not have any parts. I believe the bolt for the 802 is the same for the 801... so there should have been a ton of them made.

I posted this reply to your post in the Mossberg Owners Support sub-forum...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Abouttime,

Sorry, to see you're having issues with your 801.

When you spoke with Mossberg's customer service department, you likely talked to someone who has no idea about the specs of your particular firearm and is simply referencing a current parts catalog which may only offer mags for your model. Many CS reps are simply call center employees that are paid to answer phones and document issues. To them, a part that does not show up as available may simply be considered "discontinued". I'm not making excuses fot them, but I work for a large corporation with over a hundred CS reps. Most of them are kids straight out of high school with little to no knowledge of our products other than what is available on our website or in our catalog.

I just got off the phone with Mossberg's SERVICE department on your behalf. Incedentally the entire call, including hold time, only too six minutes. I have never had a bad experience going directly through Mossberg's service department. I was informed by one of their service technicians that they do not sell their bolts for the 801 separetely because the bolt must be properly fitted (head-spaced) to each rifle. Their suggestion was to send the rifle in to their service center where it will be fitted with a new bolt assembly.

As far as your shipping situation, did you have any type of insurance on the order or have you contacted the seller to file a dammaged merchandise claim with them? I would certainly push to have the cost of the repair reimbursed by the seller.

Good luck getting it sorted out and keep us posted...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I posted this reply to your post in the Mossberg Owners Support sub-forum...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Abouttime,

Sorry, to see you're having issues with your 801.

When you spoke with Mossberg's customer service department, you likely talked to someone who has no idea about the specs of your particular firearm and is simply referencing a current parts catalog which may only offer mags for your model. Many CS reps are simply call center employees that are paid to answer phones and document issues. To them, a part that does not show up as available may simply be considered "discontinued". I'm not making excuses fot them, but I work for a large corporation with over a hundred CS reps. Most of them are kids straight out of high school with little to no knowledge of our products other than what is available on our website or in our catalog.

I just got off the phone with Mossberg's SERVICE department on your behalf. Incidentally the entire call, including hold time, only too six minutes. I have never had a bad experience going directly through Mossberg's service department. I was informed by one of their service technicians that they do not sell their bolts for the 801 separately because the bolt must be properly fitted (head-spaced) to each rifle. Their suggestion was to send the rifle in to their service center where it will be fitted with a new bolt assembly.

As far as your shipping situation, did you have any type of insurance on the order or have you contacted the seller to file a damaged merchandise claim with them? I would certainly push to have the cost of the repair reimbursed by the seller.

Good luck getting it sorted out and keep us posted...

Thanks for checking with the service department on my behalf... but it is unreal that when I called as a customer none of what you have told me was told to me. Shame on Mossberg if they are hiring
"kids straight out of high school with little to no knowledge" and NOT training them. Don't they realize that the company's reputation is in their hands? And how could they say in their owners manual to call for parts, supply the number to call and not have someone to take my order for parts on the phone? Incredible! Enough ranting... sadly Mossberg will not hear this and continue their practices. They should update their website as well to reflect current products and services.

So, how do I send a rifle back to Mossberg? Do I need prior approval? Where do I send it?

BTW, trying to get the shipper to instigate a damage claim has also been a frustrating failure. Repeated emails have gone unheeded. All I can do is leave a poor review on Gunbroker. I would have bought the rifle locally, but it is not available.

They definitely don't make it easy to get in touch with the right people sometimes, but many of us here have been around the block a few times with them and know how to cut through the fog.

Here's the number I called for the service department...

800-363-3555

You can call for instructions on how to go about sending you rifle to them. I called as a customer just as you would, so I doubt you'll run into any issues. Please understand that my comments about CS departments are a reflection of my personal experience and may not be in line with Mossberg's hiring practices.

Again, good luck and let us know how it works out for you...

Got my 801 Half-Pint Plinkster off to Mossberg for repairs today. Due to arrive next Thursday. Talked with Manny in CS and he told me what to do... then got an email response from an email I had sent to Mossberg telling me to do the same thing... so I did! I will let you know how it all turns out... Thanks for all your help.

Glad to hear you're off and running with the repiar. I'll be looking forward to your update and eventual range report...

Re: Parts... now rifle repaired

UPS man appeared today with a box. Inside was my Mossberg Half-Pint repaired! It had cost me $20 to ship it to them... and that was my total cost. I had not heard from them (not even notice that they had received the rifle) and today...RIFLE! Bolt was replaced (the handle had sheared off in original shipment to me from a dealer). Enclosed with the rifle was a new lock, new manual and a new single shot loader (magazine). Now to get out and shoot! Thought you all might like the update!

Back