• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pelican 1740 gun case

Does anybody own the Pelican 1740 ( 4 gun upright) case? How about the 2N2 Gun Pod (a Pelican 1740 with a 2 gun rack on one side and storage on the other side? I'm looking for a ready to buy 4 gun version of the 2N2 Gun Pod that will fit sideways in the back of my Chevy Trailblazer. Thanks

I don't have the 1740, but I do have one each of the 1700, 1720, and 1750. Pelican makes some top quality stuff and you couldn't ask for a tougher case. Only issue I have is that even the single-gun cases are heavy as hell when you get 'em loaded up. I've been carrying my gear in a drag bag for the past few years that carries with backpack style straps. It's much more mobile and there's plenty of room for a 3 gun set-up with ammo and all my gear...

Is the bag padded around the scope area of the gun? I have a H&R Slug gun I use for hunting and a red dot on my Mossberg 930 SPX that I don't want to get damaged.

Mossy930SPX said:
Question...in your two pictures, it looks like the backpack straps would be on the bottom and the zipper on the top. But, I don't see any padding in the zipper area where the scopes are. Did I see that wrong?

The photo doesn't show it well, but there is about a 1/2" thick layer of padding that runs along the interior the full length of the zipper. You can see the padded flap tucked behind the scope...

Back