• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picture project

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Nope, not gun related at all.

My better half has been wanting some really large signs, or pictures made for a while now. She's really crafty and has wanted a few things in particular done, so she gives me a list and says "I want this" so it's up to me to do it.

Well, I handle the woodworking part of it, and she paints them by hand and with what she wants them to say.

The first one is any Momma's hope, that her family always comes home to visit.

So, she made this one to put up over the kitchen table and has been hanging there since just after Thanksgiving this year.

CmunyQF.png

The next one is huge. It's 4 feet long and 20 inches tall and she wanted to hang it over the headboard of the bed so it reminds her daily to stop stressing so much. It's a Bible quote and it has popped up a lot of times in her life because even though you may not guess it at first, she's got a short fuse and comes by it honest if you knew her Grandmother--you'd understand, so she wanted to make it and we finished it this evening. She blackwash stained the frame and painted everything on there. I can't take a lot of credit for it, other than cutting it out. Turned out really good I think.

hnZXj2v.png

Anyway, just wanted to show off some of her handy work for a change. She's really good at the craft stuff. You should see the shelf she thought up when we were remodeling the house. It started out as the bedroom door to her brothers room when they were growing up and she wanted it sawed in half and make a corner shelf out of it. No, I'm not joking, she wanted it sawn right down the middle the whole length of the door and shelves made with it. And wanted to keep the door handle and stuff on it to boot.

I swear I don't know where she comes up with some of this stuff at, but I let her handle all the house decorating and it all works out great. Well, except for the den. I told her that I wanted at least one spot where I can do my own thing for "man stuff" so she tolerates my stuff in there LOL

Thanks Ernst. Yes I did and it's rare to find a good woman left these days.

She does good with stuff like this. I don't know where she comes up with some of these ideas, but they usually turn out really well.

She has one of those computer controlled vinyl cutters to make shapes and letters that would work well, but she prefers to paint all her stuff by hand. I never claim to be so crafty, or gifted.

Sounds like a match made in heaven, no pun intended. I am trying to visualize the door shelf and it sounds pretty cool.

Back