• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pictures that make you lol

They are.. supposedly a prorated refund. Still seemed silly to launch something during a merger.

And now that they lost their airport contracts (how this happens to begin with is insane) but, now they have far fewer viewers than before.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/cnn-airport-network-shuts-down-1234883879/

And of course, they're blaming covid and fewer people traveling via airplane, but that's just another BS excuse too. So, now they may have tens of tens of viewers?

Ironic that they had less viewers than ancient aliens. That's gotta speak volumes. Discovery network was foolish to purchase such a flailing and floundering conglomerate.

Today's not the day to be either a major shareholder in Disney nor one of their corporate Board members. Suspect some major changes in management coming soon.

And major changes at Twitter are soon to follow.

Regards

Today's not the day to be either a major shareholder in Disney nor one of their corporate Board members. Suspect some major changes in management coming soon.

And major changes at Twitter are soon to follow.

Regards
I don’t know about Twitter, but I suspect that Disney board members are all gonna be in for some pretty good bonuses. If this attempt to own the libs goes through as is, the property owners in the two counties where D world is located just took on all of the bond debt, the cost of police,fire and other emergency services, all park inspections, all street repairs, maintenance and extensions, the water and sanitation systems and on and on. And all the money that big D set aside on its own to cover all that stuff year after year, will now be poured back in to its suddenly 100% in the black bottom line. Somebody’s gonna have some splainin to do…

I don’t know about Twitter, but I suspect that Disney board members are all gonna be in for some pretty good bonuses. If this attempt to own the libs goes through as is, the property owners in the two counties where D world is located just took on all of the bond debt, the cost of police,fire and other emergency services, all park inspections, all street repairs, maintenance and extensions, the water and sanitation systems and on and on. And all the money that big D set aside on its own to cover all that stuff year after year, will now be poured back in to its suddenly 100% in the black bottom line. Somebody’s gonna have some splainin to do…

I don’t understand how the public is going to pick up those costs. Isn’t Disney paying a ton of taxes on the money that it collects? If they’re not paying enough to cover it then you gotta raise their taxes.

But I would imagine lots of Florida officials have stock in Disney. They’d be happy to see the public paying for that.

I don’t understand how the public is going to pick up those costs. Isn’t Disney paying a ton of taxes on the money that it collects? If they’re not paying enough to cover it then you gotta raise their taxes.

But I would imagine lots of Florida officials have stock in Disney. They’d be happy to see the public paying for that.
From what I read, they do pay a ton of tax to the state. But by being basically it’s own government they also paid for all their own infrastructure from their collected monies. Now by dissolving that “ government” they will become just another employer in the state and those two “ regular “ counties where they operated autonomously will now be on the hook for everything. Dizzy won’t pay any more than they ever did in taxes but won’t have to/ get to subsidize themselves. They were guessing that property owners can expect a 20-25% property tax increase to cover the cost of their new debt.

I suspect both counties (Orange and Osceola) will figure out a way to take over operations, perhaps hire on "displaced" workers. They will be taking over public services like fire and road maintenance. In-park operations will effectively remain unchanged. There is over a year before this removal of the "special" status goes into effect. All the other parks in the area (Sea World, Universal, etc.) do NOT have the special arrangement Disney did and they are doing fine. Keep in mind that Disney is a fully-woke and fully-unionized company and that FL is a freedom-loving and right-to-work state.

I live about 1/2 hour from Disney and avoid the area like the plague. Where I-4 (highway from Daytona, through Orlando to Tampa) runs next to Disney, there are I think 6 lanes in both directions and there is STILL incredible traffic through there.\

Full disclosure: when the kids were younger, we had yearly passes to Disney and the other parks and I recall aside from traffic, the experiences were positive. But poosy wokeness has prevailed and you can no longer ride in the pilot house of the Disney monorail or get drenched by "Shamu" (generic name for whatever orca was performing that day) in the front row of his/her tank.

Me thinks you'all are watching too much MSNBCNN or ABCBSNBC where they do not like our gubna so they are trying to paint him as "bad" but I can safety say most Floridians love him and don't have a problem with the new ruling...

All this local tax stuff is certainly a unresolved issue for Disney and the State of Florida. However, the bigger issue IMO is the $32 Billion in shareholder value that has been lost over the last few weeks since Disney "woke". There are three major instutional investors who hold the most shares including Vanguard Group (138 million shares), Blackrock (114 million shares), and State Street (75 million shares). These three together own around 18% of Disney. And, they are the ones feeling the brunt of these losses. The largest individual shareholder only owns a little over a million shares.

Will be interested to see what the big three do in the next few weeks.

Regards

And now... getting back to PICTURES that make you laugh...

FRHw9v4UYAAwqek.jpg

Back