• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pin stuck---> Bolt/Bolt Lock

enduropro

.22LR
Hi all. I have a seized pin that holds the bolt lock to the bolt of my 2 year old Mossberg 500.

I tried everything. I then brought it to a gunsmith who also tried a few things, including heat. Nothing worked. Suggestions? I contacted Mossberg. They said to mail the firearm to them and they'll ensure it gets back in working order. The issue is that I'm trying to remove the pin to build up a Black-Aces setup. Mossberg isn't going to remove the pin (I don't think) if they feel the bolt and bolt lock are functioning well, right?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

I can't offer any help, but would like to hear more about your Black Aces build. I'm planning on doing one as well. Nothing fancy; just their receiver, hogue tamer pistol grip and an 18.5" barrel.

I can't offer any help, but would like to hear more about your Black Aces build. I'm planning on doing one as well. Nothing fancy; just their receiver, hogue tamer pistol grip and an 18.5" barrel.

I finished the build last night. I used the bolt off of another mossy 500 that I forgot I had, tucked way back in the safe. Testing it tomorrow at the range. Psyched.

Back