• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pistol grip and safety catch?

sco77w

Copper BB
One thing I like about Mossberg shotguns is that the safety is where it should be but I'm wanting to put a pistol grip stock on my 500 ATP like so many others but how do you guys get on with the safety catch use when you've fitted a pistol grip.

sco77w said:
One thing I like about Mossberg shotguns is that the safety is where it should be but I'm wanting to put a pistol grip stock on my 500 ATP like so many others but how do you guys get on with the safety catch use when you've fitted a pistol grip.

when i had my pistol grip on my 500 it took a bit of getting used to for the safety. i'd say not as comfortable as with a butt stock, but you do get use to it.

That shockwave grip is neat. Thanks for sharing the link and experience. That style of grip reminds me of the old flintlock era guns. Turns your Mossberg into a modern day pistol blunderbuss :D

With just a straight up pistol grip its not so bad to break your grip to actuate the safety button I suppose. With an overfolder like my Choate stock having the stock arm swung up over the gun makes it a bit more challenging but nothing you can't manage. Honestly for me though the pistol grip and the Mossberg safety location is a non issue. I feel no need to keep the safety switched on and just force myself to keep my damned finger outta the trigger guard until ready to fire. However I realize that some folks might have their hand forced on having to keep the safety switch on. Either thier department/employer or the other half dictates it etc... So yea, I can see where it might be an issue for some and can see where the they prefer a Remington or to swap to a Maverick trigger pack on their Mossbergs.

old mossy said:
Toys-N-Joys said:
jgwills said:
Ahh, good ol Hicock45. Love his vids.

hicock is a beast.

heres my videos wiith that style grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jyHC1tc824

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsW1Ivx0_pQ

:D :D :D

i like the raptor grip alot better than the factory one for function. i think the oem pistol grip looks better tho.

i can hit the saftey easier, hit the slide release easier and have a better shooting grip with my new grip. i dont get paid or anything from shockwave raptor but i like it so much i have to let people know.

i wish they had a folding stock for it. like a spas 12 but with the raptor grip. thats the only other stock i would buy other than mesa adapter

Back