• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pistol Grip Shotty

valvestem

.22LR
I just took delivery of a 500 pump, 8 shot parked with a pistol grip & heat shield, and was pleasantly surprised when I had a chance to peek at it some today, I saw that it has a black bolt. I like it.

Never got to welcome you to the forum and congrats on your new Mossy. You get a chance post a pic or two. :)

,,,,,almost forgot,,,,,

Attachments

• TY flag.jpg
    TY flag.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 129
I will post the"unboxing" and such as soon I get the chance. It took two days to find the time just to get a peek at it. LOL. And Thank you for the welcome.

Got a brief moment today to peek once again my new 500 Parked PG Mossy. Glad to see I do not have the "pinned" fore stock. Ii checked the action over pretty good, it seems quite smooth for a brand new gun, no hangups, or sticky spots. I am looking forward to grabbing some pics this weekend warmup, and getting them on line. I do see maybe one area, where the heat shield spacer/heatshield stop between the barrel and the mag tube does not extend all the way to the thing-a-ma-jig that holds the mag tube to the barrel, there is a about a 1/4" gap. And I can see where the plastic stop has been ground down on the end as plastic burrs are still evident. I know this piece is there for stopping the heat shield from riding forward on the barrel from the impact of firing. But with the 1/4" gap, I don't know. But I'll document it all for your perusal and comments later. In this link it is the cocktail stirrer shaped piece:http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-pa...spx?mc_id=200500&source=CJ&ch=aff&AID=7211223

I'm glad to hear that you got your parked 500 shotgun and that it seems to be smooth right out of the box. You'll no doubt enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to your further review!

Back