• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Point Man Rig

Hello all!

As some of you may know, I recently acquired an M590A1 that I turned into a sort of "modern trench gun" with sling, M7 bayonet, and a heat shield.

Well, I decided to also put together a rig for this shotgun to hold spare ammunition and also to hold a backup sidearm, in the form of a Glock 19. My goal was to make an effective and simple rig that I would think would be good for a point man doing patrols in the jungle and whatnot. Keeping with the military theme, here is the result:

20160722_172951_1.jpg

Everything you see in this picture is all milspec, with the exception of the Glock 19 and magazines. Ammunition for the shotgun is stored in two 12-round pouches at the front of the belt, for 24 rounds total. Additional shells are carried in the M18 Claymore mine bag (this was done in Vietnam). The Glock 19 rides in a Bianchi UM92II flap holster which is a derivative of the M12 military holster. Spare ammunition for it is contained in two M9 magazine pouches, which fit Glock 19 and Glock 17 magazines well. The M7 bayonet is stored in the M8A1 scabbard when not in use. Of course, all of this is attached to a standard USGI pistol belt.

Just thought you guys might like to see my completed rig. It's comfortable to wear and supports the weight well even without suspenders. It feels good to finally get this project done, I've had it in my mind (at least the shotgun component) for years.

Take care all and thanks for looking! :)

PS: I plan to buy a repro M1916 holster for my 1911 when I feel like carrying it over the Glock. I found my 1911 mags fit nicely in the M9 mag pouches. I'll post a picture when I get it.

Very cool! Good job. Simple and effective. The 1911 will fit in better with the theme. Did you consider a single point sling?

Back