• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Lol, that would be interesting to know. Probably not an active feature since one of the mods has no trophy points after 10 years and 15k+ posts..

If I recall correctly when we switched to the new forum software we intended to use the point system in some way but it never came to fruition.

We were going to use them, on the old phpBB Software, but opted not to because it was something to do with hackers being able to exploit it somehow. So we didn't use them when we upgraded to xenforo.

I belong to a forum for fish keepers, and they have this trophy system with lots of badges and ribbons and special titles.

It’s OK up to a point, but it starts to become part of the focus of the place. We start debating over who deserves what distinction.

At that point it is just not about fish anymore. We are creating (very) local celebrities.

I’m starting to have this nightmare where in the future we don’t have Facebook or YouTube anymore, but we have something which is a combination of both, and it is mandatory.

I belong to a forum for fish keepers, and they have this trophy system with lots of badges and ribbons and special titles.

It’s OK up to a point, but it starts to become part of the focus of the place. We start debating over who deserves what distinction.

At that point it is just not about fish anymore. We are creating (very) local celebrities.

I’m starting to have this nightmare where in the future we don’t have Facebook or YouTube anymore, but we have something which is a combination of both, and it is mandatory.

I agree. Here it should be about what's said on the forum. Not participation trophies.

Back