• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Popcorn and wooby

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
I dont care much for just surviving. I want to live to,fullest under any circumstances. Popcorn is happy food, I tried something tonight, I had some micro popcorn bags in pantry I brought them to gathering to test theory. Just emptied one into my iron pot, placed lid and set on burner. Pop pop pop, hot and slight smokiness , 0410192036_HDR.jpg Dj alone in woods eating hot pop, life is good

Turn in my fav wooby !!!!! Ummm NEVER !! I could snooze on broken glass in the Arctic like a baby with it.

0410192211a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want good tasting pop pop, get the pop secret brand kernels. Not the micro stuff. I've tried em all. That one is the best so far.
Sometimes i pop it in butter, and its gives it a nice cooked butter brown look to it.
But most times its extra virgin olive oil, and melted butter after.
I have an old 1940-50's stove top popper. I've had it soldered a few times already to keep it from falling apart and braised the pan bottom to fix a hole. Still works like a champ.

I have just recently bought an old lidded cast iron cook pot. I should try it out over the bon fire soon....

I wanna get some corn and dry it out and see if I can make my own popcorn....

I wanna get some corn and dry it out and see if I can make my own popcorn....
I have about a 1/2 acre planted in silver queen, I think I will give it a try. I usually keep some kernels on hand but wife buys the quick stuff , ya can pop it traditional inba pinch but ibdont know what the butter goo in the bag actually is ???? Lol

The goo is the bad stuff. So is the inside of the bag....

Back