• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Post news links of burglaries with multiple assailants

:link:Armed robbery reported near Rhodes College campus (actionnews5.com)

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - Memphis police are looking to charge two suspects responsible for an armed robbery near Rhodes College.

It happened Monday just before 2 p.m. at an apartment complex on North Parkway Avenue
Rhodes College sent a notice to students saying the victim was affiliated with the school.

Police say the suspects’ vehicle is described as a white four-door sedan. One person is also in custody.
Rhodes College sent a notice to students saying the victim was affiliated with the school.

Police say the suspects’ vehicle is described as a white four-door sedan. One person is also in custody.

Shotgun for the win

I wonder how I would fortify MY convenience store (if I had one--not EVER bloody likely ;) ). Masks would NOT be allowed. I would definitely have a protected "hide" I could duck behind and take aim. Anyone entering is "funneled" into a kill zone. Emergency button locks the doors, pauses the cameras and turns off the lights. I'd have a hard time not running out and peppering the fleeing (stolen?) car. :D

I am suspect of anyone wearing a mask here in Free Florida. Either you are brainwashed, braindead or both. The sheriff's office routinely posts videos "do you know this person?". The perp will be masked with a hat and sunglasses. The crime usually involves some kind of scumbag activity like stealing an old lady's purse or charity jar at the counter.

. . . I'd have a hard time not running out and peppering the fleeing (stolen?) car . . .

A guy I worked for in the 80’s spent 10 years in an Arizona prison for that. He shot the perp stealing his stuff, outdoors of the shop.

Indoors, ok….chasing outdoors and shooting, not ok.

Indoors, ok….chasing outdoors and shooting, not ok.

"Legally", with FL SYG law, I could go out to get the license plate number of the car and if a gun were brandished or fired by occupants of the car, I am still "standing my ground" if I were to fire back. ALL occupants of the car are accessories and charged with the same crimes. (and also fair game... ;) )

I should clarify the "stealing old lady's purse" involves one perp distracting the lady: "ma'am, could you help me with this over here" while the other perp goes through her purse in her shopping cart.

scumdogs.png

Attachments

• scumdogs.png
    scumdogs.png
    467.5 KB · Views: 1
This happened in Las Vegas in the past week. A couple thugs tried to strong arm rob a smoke shop (ie: vape and bongs "for tobacco"). The shop owner goes to the register where he appears to deploy some kind of folding knife, possibly a utility-style knife. The perp wails "I'm dead" after repeated jabbing... :D The other perp has run away at this point while the shop owner drags the limp 2nd perp towards the door where he lands with a satisfying "thud"... :D I suspect gootoob is deleting videos as they show up so if this link is dead try searching "las vegas smoke shop owner stabs man". VIDEO

stabbystabstab.JPG

There was a third guy at the door of the shop that is out of the video most of the time, but if you watch the extended video of the shop keeper pulling the guy in black to the front of the shop, you can see him fleeing. I'm suspecting he's their lookout.

I saw the video is still up, but I didn’t see any indication of whether the perpetrator died of his wounds.

Hopefully the two that survived this encounter learned something.

I saw the video is still up, but I didn’t see any indication of whether the perpetrator died of his wounds.

If you search the term I posted above, you'll get a news report and the perp is/was in the hospital but "ok". One of the news reports had a security "expert" opine that it is safer to "give the robber what they want", :rolleyes: but the comments section overwhelmingly disagreed with him...

You don’t know what they want. All you know is what they say and do.

Why would you believe any of that was “real”?

From the Armed Citizen® Archives – June 27, 1987 [Oldie but Goodie]

Noticing the back door of his Lake Charles, La., store was wide open in the early morning hours, Von Ned took his pistol along as he investigated, having been burglarized previously. Confronting two burglars, the storekeeper ordered the pair to stop. When they continued to advance, Von Ned fired, killing one burglar and setting the other to flight. The other man was later arrested by police, who said both men were free on bond from other charges.

From the Armed Citizen® Archives – August 19, 2022

A Walnut, Calif., resident acted in self-defense when he encountered a suspected burglar in his home on May 20, 2022.

The 27-year-old resident was inside his home that Friday night when he heard footsteps around 4 a.m. Arming himself with a firearm, the resident then searched the home looking for the source of the steps. While searching, he came across a stranger inside his home who was armed with a pistol. Both men opened fire at one another at close range, with the resident's aim proving to be better than the would-be robber.

Several rounds from the resident struck the man in the upper body, incapacitating him. An accomplice outside the home fled as the shots rang out. When police later arrived on the scene, they found the stricken home invader, deceased. Both residents were home during the incident, and none of them were injured. (ktla.com, Los Angeles, Calif., 05/21/2022)

From the Armed Citizen® Archives – Aug. 19, 2022

Sid Bowden and Grey Hammett of Baton Rouge, La., teamed up after Bowden's son noticed two suspicious men trying to get into a neighboring house. After notifying police, Bowden reached for his shotgun and Hammett grabbed his revolver. The duo then took up vantage points around the house to prevent the burglars for leaving. Police later arrested three suspects on burglary charges. When asked why he and his neighbor had taken action, Bowden replied, "If we hadn't taken action, they would have been back again tonight." (The Morning Advocate, Baton Rouge, La.)

From the Armed Citizen® Archives

Jeff Gegelman, 60, was home alone around 3:30 p.m. when three men drove their car into his front yard, then pounded at the door. When Gegelman didn’t answer the door, the men returned to their car and made a U-turn in the yard. They did not leave, however. Two of the men got out and barged in through the front door. Gegelman had retrieved his .22 handgun and returned fire after one of the armed intruder’s started shooting at him.

The gunmen fled. Despite the gunshot wounds Gegelman sustained to the chest and arm, he followed the gunmen long enough to get their license plate number. He was then able to contact police and get medical help. The alleged shooter was later arrested after seeking medical attention for a gunshot wound of his own. Both of his accomplices reportedly remain at large. Gegelman is recovering from his injuries. (Bismarck Tribune, Golden Valley, N.D., 3/31/14)

From The Armed Citizen® ArchivesJanuary 1981:

Three 16-year-olds entered the tiny Towers Book and Card shop operated by 68-year-old Murray Elpern and his wife in the Bronx. One came behind the counter and pressed a 9 mm pistol to Elpern’s head. When Mrs. Elpern pressed an alarm, another vaulted the counter and grabbed her.

With the gun-wielder distracted, Elpern drew his licensed .38 revolver and shot him. A second robber lunged at Elpern and was shot, while the other one surrendered and was held for police. (The Daily News, New York, N.Y.)

Back