• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Potential Future Ban Talk

I don't really like the term prepper, but this is why we prepare. This is why there was hardly any ammo on the shelves for years. Demand has been high for almost the last decade now.

We've lived long enough to be able to see the writing on the wall. If not today, maybe next week, maybe 5 years from now. It's coming.

You just need to ask yourself "are we there yet?" If the answer is no, then pack a bologna sandwich to work and buy another box of ammo instead of a mick cheeseburger.

You'll get there eventually.

I apologize for using what I know as an example, but i can tell you from experience in the USCG and with Federal Agencies and Regulations that this is a serious issue.

I am part of an organization that enforces the laws that it writes itself in regulations and policies... No one here is elected, and most of the time, just like this ATF issue, the public is largely in the dark about whats going on. Someone finds an issue with the way something is currently enforced or regulated... we'll just arbitrarily say I feel as a vessel inspector that U.S Tug Boats should carry one liferaft per crew member (a little ridiculous I know... but stick with me)... I know that most tugs only cary 3-4 crewman and one liferaft is sufficient, but one sinking caused a malfunction of the raft and all crew is lost. Now i think vessels need more...so I propose up the chain that tug boats need more rafts. If I have some clout and a little evidence, I get the right people to agree with my stance and a new USCG regulation is drafted and proposed... mind you.. this is not a law... but simply a regulations that gets signed by the Commandant of the USCG and delighted down by legal authority written in code to each Captain of the Port (COTP) to enforce... and since mariners are BY LAW bound to follow the rules and regulations (Under 33 Code of Federal Regulations 6) of the COTP... this regulations is now by default... LAW... not drafted and ratified by the house, congress or the president...

I hope that explains a little bit the true Authority that the ATF has to fundamentally change gun laws and citizens rights, without the due process of our current laws, to regulate and enforce the way they see fit... That's why its important for public input... something i left out in my explanation above, there is public input... and with enough kick back, things can change or be left alone all together.

Back