• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

proud new father of a mossberg 835

I grew up far from where that phrase is ever used... :)

But you're right, it's rather endearing and I use it now and again if I consciously force it out of me.

Now using "y'all" comes out pretty naturally after almost 20-years down here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! It's not as weird as having you'uns , ya'll, and ayuh in the same room. That's family....lol

I find this all quite funny!

Around here, Jennny's family had some weird ones I wasnt at all familiar with! Not yall and you'uns, try yous and yas. Like "ya know what I'm sayin" but the plural form? "Yas all know what I'm sayin" I asked Jenny's mom long ago if she understood the word "you" is already plural. I still havent gotten used to "yas" but I deal with it cuz so long ago I thought she was gonna hit me. Or cut me. I dont really know.

ripjack13 said:

Not even close. Straight up Appalachian, grew up on the side of a hill in eastern Kentucky.

Jenny's great grandparents at one time stepped outside the county and thought they had stepped out of the United States.

"in the deep dark hills of eastern Kentucky... thats the place where I trace my blood lines, and its there I read on a hillside grave stone, 'You'll never leave Harlan alive.'"

Actually largely Irish and English.

Back