• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question about sa 20 bolt release

Olshovel

Copper BB
Hello all. I just purchased a used sa20 bantam and have been reading all the posts and information on this web site. I have not seen anyone mention the intended purpose for having to push the bolt release button every time to load shell into the magazine, anyone know what that might be. I'm just curious. I have seen someone mention a later generation bolt or release that does not require this action to be performed every time. Any information that anyone has about this would be greatly appreciated. I sent about a dozen rounds through it today just to see how it shot. They were rio # 7 loads and they all functioned fine. I am looking forward to getting this one dialed in for my 9 year olds first dove season as a shooter. Looking into modifying the stock length a little more and adding a recoil pad. I am enjoying all the info on this site and look forward to hearing from some other sa20 owners out there.

welcome from NY and congrats on your son's new mossy. :D

i don't own a SA20, but i'm sure one of the other SA20 owners will chime in and be able to answer your questions.

ya get a chance post a pic . :)

Back