• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (April 2020) (Virus Prep)

A month plus into the virus pandemic, what have you learned and how will you change being prepared in the future?

I didn't realize I had not yet answered this. I guess it is not too late because there is no MAY QOTM posted yet.

I learned that, so far, I can keep enough supplies on hand that I don't have to become a hoarder.
I learned that some "vegi" substitutes I cannot distinguish from meat by taste.
I learned that the only person I miss more since the isolation rules is someone who died just before Covid-19.
I'm not getting morbid, but I think more of what may be the cause of my imminent demise. More possibilities arise.

I wonder what the relationship to policies and behaviors is to the deaths of certain groups of people. For instance, if people get closer to each other in social interactions, it is harder on old folks. But if business is strangled, then people will go broke or starve.

My nightmare would be to have the responsibility of setting the policy dials knowing that every choice is literally a life-or-death decision. What if the number of deaths were PREDETERMINED. As if no matter what is done, exactly 9 million people will die. The only difference is that the distribution of WHO dies changes.

I still sleep well. I don't know why.

How will I change? I'm too old to change for good reasons. When I do change, I can't explain it.

We should check back here a year from now. Put it on your calendar. I'll be here... but life isn't fair.
@Scoop, sorry about the delay for a May question. It is now posted. The monthly question threads are left open to continue commenting so please feel free to continue posting on the older threads.

Back