• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (April 2022) (Red Dawn)

If the United States (or your home country) were invaded by another nation's military, would you stay and fight?

It is nearly the end of the month. There are so many variables in this that my responses range from
attack to defend to flee to surrender.

Often, when I approach problems in real-life business, I think of two expendable extremes and then cut off the ends and approach the reasonable alternatives that dwell nearer the middle. If I were ever to be compelled to tell the truth, like in court, and I were asked, "Have you ever considered the mass destruction of the harbor?" I would have to say "YES" because that would have been an extreme, but perhaps unreasonable. approach to repairing the Yacht Club. The thought may have only lasted two seconds, but it was a consideration.

So, as to the Question of the Month, I'll give two sort of middle of the road choices between WMD and jumping off a cliff.

Plan 1: If I still have a family around my choice would to be BUG OUT. Something like the ongoing Ukranian forced migration.
Plan 2: If I'm on my own I'll stay around and fight. I've had schooling on IED construction, booby traps and access denial techniques. I never got a chance to use those arts beyond school. I'm OK on the mechanics, but a little rusty on the chemistry. What could possibly go wrongggggggggggggggggggggggggg

If the United States (or your home country) were invaded by another nation's military, would you stay and fight?

It is nearly the end of the month. There are so many variables in this that my responses range from
attack to defend to flee to surrender.

Often, when I approach problems in real-life business, I think of two expendable extremes and then cut off the ends and approach the reasonable alternatives that dwell nearer the middle. If I were ever to be compelled to tell the truth, like in court, and I were asked, "Have you ever considered the mass destruction of the harbor?" I would have to say "YES" because that would have been an extreme, but perhaps unreasonable. approach to repairing the Yacht Club. The thought may have only lasted two seconds, but it was a consideration.

So, as to the Question of the Month, I'll give two sort of middle of the road choices between WMD and jumping off a cliff.

Plan 1: If I still have a family around my choice would to be BUG OUT. Something like the ongoing Ukranian forced migration.
Plan 2: If I'm on my own I'll stay around and fight. I've had schooling on IED construction, booby traps and access denial techniques. I never got a chance to use those arts beyond school. I'm OK on the mechanics, but a little rusty on the chemistry. What could possibly go wrongggggggggggggggggggggggggg
The Accountant’s track mounted mini gun would be handy too…lol

My kids and grand kids are scattering and are probably on their own.
My wife has the reflexes that will get her killed.
If I yell duck, she'd stick her head up to ask "why?"

I asked her what she'd do if a mob came up our street with torches and weapons?

"I'd take my dogs and run!" (A woman still under physical therapy for a broken knee.)

"Baby," I said, 'We live on a dead end street. There's a brick and wood wall behind us. Where do you run?"

Her answer to that was to come unglued about something completely unrelated.

I heard a blurb, might have been Alarmist Carlson's show, that the US is giving up all our defensive weapons to Ukraine. ie: we have nothing to defend ourselves with in the event of an attack. Maybe this IS Putin's and Ping's plan, knowing the kneejerk Dumpocrap response will be to "save the poor babies". :rolleyes:

I heard a blurb, might have been Alarmist Carlson's show, that the US is giving up all our defensive weapons to Ukraine. ie: we have nothing to defend ourselves with in the event of an attack. Maybe this IS Putin's and Ping's plan, knowing the kneejerk Dumpocrap response will be to "save the poor babies". :rolleyes:
Lol, I can see the US giving Ukraine “ operational examples “ of our defensive weapons and systems, but Ukraine isn’t large enough to physically park all our stuff on.

Last edited:
Back