• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month...(December 2016)

Well I certainly like that idea.

Also, the background check system is ridiculous, and if we have to keep these damn background checks, can there be some reasonable logic to them?

I had to have 15 background checks in the last 18 mos. I passed every one.

After you pass 5 or 10 times, that should cover you for the next couple years at least.

I had to have 15 background checks in the last 18 mos. I passed every one.
After you pass 5 or 10 times, that should cover you for the next couple years at least.

Every time I pass one I laugh thinking, "If they can't find what I'm hiding, how good are they?"

Well they passed that guy that shot up the Florida nightclub.

So they're probably not as good as they think they are.

But in either case one good test is as good as ten and one worthless fail is as bad as 10 fails.

Unless the motivation is to collect fees in which case Nothing Else Matters except that they get their money.

Minimally, I think if Trump can just stack the SCOTUS with pro 2A judges a lot of stuff will just work itself out. A lot of what is going on is happening because they know the current Supreme Court either won't hear it or wont rule it unconstitutional. The entire court system has become overpopulated with progressive judicial activists and needs to be rebalanced.

MikeD, I think you are 100% correct. SCOTUS is the key, and he can also appoint federal judges down the line as well. I shudder to think what our conversation would be like had Hillary won the election.

It might be a whole lot less public that's for sure.

Anyhow what the Supreme Court does will be important but I think it's less important then getting the Americas young people involved in the Shooting Sports.

Nobody in my family ever once asked me to take them shooting. I got two daughters, my two sons-in-law, my seven granddaughters, my wife, my sister, and my niece, and her husband out to the shooting range one time each, and then they were all begging me to take them back again.

Bear in mind that almost every one of them voted for Hillary Clinton (or wanted to in the case of the teenagers.)

The thing is that none of them except a couple of the males, had ever really been shooting before. They had no idea what it's about and no experience with firearms, except having been bombarded with decades of constant propaganda by the anti-gun press.

Now I'm just one guy, and a total amateur at this, but that is 16 people, who are developing a proper respect for guns, and 14 of them whose attitudes towards guns have been swayed away from a lifetime of leftist propaganda, simply because they found out that far from being dangerous, evil, unwelcome, and anti-social, going shooting is an awful lot of fun, even if all you do is practice on paper targets, and shoot little steel gophers.

My theory is that if you can get all your grandkids and kids out there shooting their attitudes will change about this, and when they grow up to vote they'll know how to vote.

I have a lot of respect in my family, being now the official West Coast patriarch, so I had a fairly easy time getting everyone out there.

But whatever it takes we should all do this as much as possible. Introduce people to shooting who have never pulled the trigger.

I can't guarantee you success, but I was personally amazed how readilly everyone took to this.

Anyhow if we can get the Youth of America out shooting as Recreation and as a sport, I think the whole problem of leftist anti-gun politicians will be mitigated nicely.

I certainly concur with introducing as many non shooters as possible to the sport. The fact is we will be gone one day and our children and grandchildren will be in charge of their destiny. I only hope that they still live in a free country with the liberty and rights I have enjoyed my whole adult life. That is where the courts and congress come into play.

I am fortunate that my two sons and step daughter are all conservative. It is easy to convince them that the young ones should have the opportunity to safely own and shoot firearms. It is also fortunate that they all live in gun friendly states, even though the liberals are trying to make inroads.

That being said, if Hillary were in charge, you and I would have a much more difficult time making headway with firearms, even within our respective families. We have to keep fighting the good fight and make all the progress we can.

......I don't know what happened but he had went crazy sometime between BC#5 and #6 .......you can have 500 successful checks but doesn't mean you didn't flip a bitch before you got 501 done

......I don't know what happened but he had went crazy sometime between BC#5 and #6 .......you can have 500 successful checks but doesn't mean you didn't flip a bitch before you got 501 done

Well no it doesnt, but the point is that after one check our prospective owner now has a gun. So if he's gone nuts it's too late for another check to help, as he already has a gun.

The DOJ knows I have over a dozen guns now. All my next check does is win them my $25. Again.

Here, the dealer has to go online to the California DOJ website and process everything there. Not even a phone call. Just a database field on their website that eventually says pass, delay, or reject after 10 days.
Then the dealer prints it out directly from the web and you put your thumbprint on it.
It goes in the dealer file and you get a copy.

Here, the dealer has to go online to the California DOJ website and process everything there. Not even a phone call. Just a database field on their website that eventually says pass, delay, or reject after 10 days.
Then the dealer prints it out directly from the web and you put your thumbprint on it.
It goes in the dealer file and you get a copy.
Thumbprints, too, huh? Not here.

What you all said above: CC reciprocity, easier access to suppressors (ie: lose the tax stamp), Pro-2A Supreme Court Justices, etc.

I don't think SYG could be considered a Fed thing but more of a State decision. Antis here in FL are always chomping at the bit to get it "modified" and have twisted homicide data to make it look like FL is now the Wild West since SYG passed and that is quite the contrary. What they don't tell you is that most home invasions are drug-related and the dealer will use SYG as a defense after they have flushed the drugs. No thug in his/her right mind would home invade a home that had a Trump sign out front--that would be certain suicide! ;)

And after the Orlando nightclub shooting, there are many gay "rights" organizations calling for "assault weapon" bans and the like. I have commented to such posts stating that if some of the gays in the club had been armed (bars are "gun-free" zones in FL), far fewer would have died. Wanting to take away my guns will DEFINITELY turn me against gay rights!

I'd like to see Trump keep his word and repeal most if not all of Nobama's Executive Orders, many of which were onerous anti-gun dictates such as limited access to cheap overseas arms and ammo. I see a better US relationship with Russia to be a GOOD thing, comrade! :D

Last edited:
I heard an interesting Viewpoint today which I hadn't considered and that is this:

If we ever have uniform CCW laws, it should not be at the behest or control of the federal government.

I think you all probably understand the reasons why.

This leads me to consider and that our current situation represents a total failure on the part of the states to collectively negotiate sensible policies, and as a result the Federal govt has an opening to step in and run the show.

Since a question for January has not been posted I will post here. Finally, the dawn of a new administration is nearing. It seems like November 8th was a long time ago. However, Obama and his minions are not riding off into the sunset . They lost the election, but not their thirst and hunger for power. The fight has just begun. Remember, governors, congressmen, and even some presidents were once school board members, activists, city council members, small town mayors. The point is, the Democrats have been electing people at the grass roots level for decades so they could be trained for higher positions. The conservatives need to watch, listen, and learn. Trump can only slow things down for so long, hopefully 8 years, but he can give us a chance to get a new generation of conservative lawmakers in training.

This fight will continue long after I am gone. Fortunately my kids are good conservatives and will raise their kids accordingly. It is their future to shape and live...

"The point is, the Democrats have been electing people at the grass roots level for decades so they could be trained for higher positions.". More like termites that has hollowed the foundation of this country and infrastructure. Winning the election was only puts the plug on the bleeding wound. The task to rebuild and be the great nation we were is a long road ahead of us.

Since a question for January has not been posted I will post here. Finally, the dawn of a new administration is nearing. It seems like November 8th was a long time ago. However, Obama and his minions are not riding off into the sunset . They lost the election, but not their thirst and hunger for power. The fight has just begun. Remember, governors, congressmen, and even some presidents were once school board members, activists, city council members, small town mayors. The point is, the Democrats have been electing people at the grass roots level for decades so they could be trained for higher positions. The conservatives need to watch, listen, and learn. Trump can only slow things down for so long, hopefully 8 years, but he can give us a chance to get a new generation of conservative lawmakers in training.

This fight will continue long after I am gone. Fortunately my kids are good conservatives and will raise their kids accordingly. It is their future to shape and live...

Sorry I was late with the January question...it's posted now. -Mike

Back