• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (June 2017)

I suggest either automobiles be banned except to trained, qualified, and licensed persons- OR -ballards are installed at two foot intervals along every path of foot traffic in every city in every state.

What you don't realize is that human driven cars will be obsolete soon. Cars will be pre-programmed not to hit human beings. They will drive themselves and they will only do what we tell them up to a certain point.

If thats the same one I'm thinking of, it wasn't some old drunk person...

Old OR drunk... I had thought I heard the guy in NYC was drunk.

Monk is right about reaction time. You would have to be on serious alert to react quick enough or at least not distracted. It is amazing to see the number of people that don't notice the car until it is right on top of them. I've learned to pay attention to my peripheral vision...

PS: semi-related VIDEO--an oldie but a goodie! :)

Last edited:
I always thought they really blew the horn placement on that photo.
This artist had never seen a goat in his life?

It may have not looked good if was anatomically correct...

On the subject of the OP question, maybe. Have had several years of martial arts training. Have had a few rounds of bar fighting and other assorted shenanigans. Read and watched assorted self-defense techniques (which I believe that if you ingrain it in your mind can help although may not be Bruce Lee pretty).

Now, if the question pertains to the bullshittery that is overtaking our world with the piss ant tactics used by so-called ISIS wannabes, then no, I don't think I could defend myself against them. Pop up out of nowhere, blow themselves up without any type of warning. Pull semi- or automatic weapons from their Netheryeya and unload on the crowd. Duck and cover time. Maybe find someone with a weapon and take it from them to use to defend yourself.

Nope. Gotta have a firearm. I'm too slow to fight and too old to run. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I'm not winning any hand to hand combat.

Took about 6 months off from heavy bag training due to lower back pain. Trying to get back into the hard mix of things...

Back