1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Question Of The Month. (June 2018)

Discussion in 'Question of the Month' started by carbinemike, Jun 1, 2018.

1. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite "Philanthropist"

I'm going to say for a natural disaster situation, one month of supplies. be it tornado, blizzard, hurricane, volcano, etc.

Civil unrest, or terror attack, one month, with emphasis on self defence, and evacuation modes, be it by land, sea or air. Capabilities to bug out.

For an absolute collapse of infrastructure, it's not about what you've prepped physically, it's what you know. How to navigate, mechanical aptitude, ability to forage, scavenge, hunt, the whole mindset of make do, or die.

And as we all know, it won't happen as we expect. We won't be "prepared" for it in a literal sense. It will happen when we least expect, and have to be able to adapt and overcome.

And, as much as I hate to admit, I'm not prepared for any of it.
    meanstreak, John A. and cmcdonald like this.
  2. cmcdonald

cmcdonald Forum Moderator Staff Member Forum Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Oli...the logistics of a large scale disaster in my area truly suck. I’m hoping after the older generation passes on, we can look at moving to a better location.

I’m tied here for the time being. But like Water Monkey has described about evac’ing from NY in another thread...my situation isn’t much different. HUGE evac choke points, bridges, rivers, mountains and guaranteed road closures. Then the ugliest part, the human equation. After 6 days, if the situation is bad enough and services are not restored and supplies not made available all Hell will break loose. That’s when so-called “decent” people will start to get violent in search of food and shelter. I think the burbs will be ripe for crimes of opportunity...very dangerous places to be. Just my opinion.
    meanstreak and John A. like this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I'm afraid that my wife and I are the older generation in this family.

She has one Aunt older than her, but not our responsibility. Otherwise we are the eldest remaining within 2000 miles and more.

I have two daughters and seven granddaughters though. At least I taught them to shoot, but none of them are prepared for day-to-day life as it is, really.

I think I should send them all to karate school.
    cmcdonald and meanstreak like this.
  4. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

This is pretty much it. I would only add that if it protracted, a month or so and whether it’s isolated to the local area or even more, I’d always like to keep stuff to trade too.