• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (June 2022)(Worst Lie)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
This week, President Biden informed the world that a 9mm "high caliber" bullet can remove a lung from the body. What are the worst and most dangerous anti gun claims in your lifetime? Post as many as you like.

Of course, the one where you can shoot a gun out of a guys hand from across the street. That was always pretty bad.

The big lie is the one that’s not a lie: The A.R. is a weapon of war.

Of course. So is the truck. So is the airplane. So is the lowly knife.

So is the computer.

The government can’t stop weapons of war from being owned by citizens. It would be impossible.

Congress can talk and push paperwork until they all pass away from old age.

My .22 lr can blow the eyes out of a squirrels head.

The worst cut I ever had was from a plastic butter knife.

I blew entire chest of a pine squrirel out with a .38 special and a hollowpoint.

All true and irrelevent.

We have generations of people that belivee movies are real, reality shows are real and the people in roles of authority would never lie or distort facts. Out biggest issue is ignorance. Our second biggest issue is that too many don't want to educate themselves and just go with whatever 'facts' make them look good to others and make them feel good.

In Nigera where guns are restricted terrorists just killed 50+ christians in a church. A gun ban didn't stop that horrific mass shooting. I thought that only happened in the US?

I prefer to focus in reality. My 'lived experience' is that when you don't arm yourself you are no help to anyone when a bad guy with a gun shows up. If I die in a gunfight its not going to be cowering and begging.

My .22 lr can blow the eyes out of a squirrels head.

I can attest to this as I had a similar experience with my Daisy Powerline 856 Eagle .177 BB gun. Me and my roommate Dave were renting a house together in college and we would shoot beer cans off a picnic table with it about 25' from our back porch. At night the porch light would illuminate the target area. One night while plinking, I saw the reflection of a rabbit's eyes about 50' away in the darkness. I don't know what I was thinking but I gave the rifle 10 pumps, aimed for the reflection, pulled the trigger and the reflection disappeared. Going out onto the lawn with a flashlight, we found the rabbit lying there with one eye punctured and the other blown out of its socket... :eek: I still feel sad not harvesting the meat at the time... :(

This got me to thinking about Dave as we fell out of touch after that college year. As roommates, we would go to a local range and shoot and he brewed some pretty potent beer. We bought our Colt 1991s at the same time from a friend of mine who was an FFL. Sadly, Dave passed at 53 last year, not sure why but he still remained a shooter according to his obit. RIP, Dave... :(

dave.jpg

PS: I still have the Powerline and used it to dispatch some NOISY, copulating frogs about 2 weeks ago by the pool. And I didn't feel sorry about not harvesting them... ;)

Last edited:
That any celebrity based on the fact of them being a celebrity have anything of value to add to any topic of importance, including the gun control debate...Matthew McConaughey...cough cough...no offense to the dead but why should any of us give a crap what he thinks?

Don't understand why people would believe anything coming out of the mouth of someone who works at pretending for a living.

If you saw it on TV, you didn’t.
They told you what wasn’t.
$$$ media sets the mood.
Fashion follows mood.

Just don’t tell the Reaganites, Arnold’s army, Ozs oddballs or Herschel’s hoodwinked. Lol
That's true. Obviously, there can be exceptions...I just hate when some Hollywood type gets trotted out by politicians to push an agenda. And, it happens all the damn time. However, someone who decides to change their vocation and devote their career to public service, I am more willing to listen. I was just a kid when Reagan became president and I remember my Dad telling me he was a famous actor...I thought that was strange even then. So, being a professional pretender may not preclude automatic exclusion in my mind but it certainly doesn't instill any confidence.

That's true. Obviously, there can be exceptions...I just hate when some Hollywood type gets trotted out by politicians to push an agenda. And, it happens all the damn time. However, someone who decides to change their vocation and devote their career to public service, I am more willing to listen. I was just a kid when Reagan became president and I remember my Dad telling me he was a famous actor...I thought that was strange even then. So, being a professional pretender may not preclude automatic exclusion in my mind but it certainly doesn't instill any confidence.
It is confusing at times. But big ideas usually spring from the usually not hooked up right minds..

Back