• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (May 2018)(Talk With Others About Guns)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Howdy,
This is a monthly series of questions topic for everyone to join in on the discussion. Some questions may have a poll, and some will not. Don't be shy now, go ahead and post an answer and vote in the polls.

How much do you share with those around you (family, friends, co-workers. social media) regarding the guns that you own.

Coworkers very little, they know I hunt and shoot but I try not to release too much.

Friends, depends on the friend.

Social media. I've posted more than a few builds, outings etc on forums and such.

Much like the monkey, I don't necessarily volunteer all my info but I don't really hide either.

It's hard to hide stuff in the age of digital eavesdropping, big data and online sales.

Depends on the friends.
Co-workers, hardly ever. They know I have a mossberg, but thats about it...

Fakebook...just 2A stuff. And stuff I ve made or refinished....

I don’t talk about MY guns much with anyone except my family and close friends.

However as said here already...the gov’t already knows. I’ve only put a few pics up here and Remington Owners. I don’t use any other social media.

For security reasons though I try not to flaunt them at all. I try to be discreet moving them from house to truck or vice versa. I don’t have decals on my vehicles or anything like that to identify me as a hunter or shooter.

I think however I am becoming tiresome to some people with my thoughts on gun control and the erosion of our freedom. I think they’re short sighted, self-centred and ungrateful but it doesn’t mean I won’t listen to them or be impolite. I will politely disagree and perhaps suggest they do some of their own research instead of watching CNN.

When really frustrated I might suggest they lay off the wacky tabaccy or stop sipping the Kool-Aid and get committed...just guzzle it back and get it over with.

EDIT: Sorry, that last part was a little off topic but I’m a bit pissed off tonight...sick of hearing about these a-hole companies who want our money and then want to stab us in the back.

Last edited:
All my family, friends and co-workers know I shoot, although not numbers or types of gun. I have taken a couple of the guys from the office to the gunclub on guest days and let them try a selection of my toys.
As above, and even more so, here in the Uk the G'ment knows exactly what i've got.

I am a little cautious when loading the car to go shooting, I don't particularly want the whole neighborhood to know I own guns.

I have posted the occasional photo or video on Faceache, but they're only visible to friends.

One of the things that makes me cringe is when you see somones list of guns in their sig on a forum....there are ways and means of finding out who and where you are from your internet connection, and so you've just published a criminals shopping list!

Most folks that know me, know that that I`m a staunch 2nd Admendment supporter and that I shoot often but I rarely display multiple weapons in a public forum....It would take a dedicated stalker to know what I own. I am more cautious these days though!

Looking back I suppose the pics I posted of myself with Jan Morgan at the 2A rally with an OC'd AR hanging from my shoulder would be pretty much as out there as I can get.

Buwahahahahaha!!!!

Looking back I suppose the pics I posted of myself with Jan Morgan at the 2A rally with an OC'd AR hanging from my shoulder would be pretty much as out there as I can get.

Buwahahahahaha!!!!
Hold my beer
40916274015_8823c95836_z.jpg

My close friends and family are all gun people, they've seen my collection in its entirety, in person. I talk about guns with my coworkers, since were a fairly small shop, and all blue collar type. I've never posted a picture of my complete collection, or of my safe, or where it's located. If it comes up in conversation with people I don't know i just say "a few" and don't get into details. If I get brought into a conversation about specific makes, models, etc, I may reply that I have one. And maybe talk about it a little. I don't give numbers of how many I own.

How much do you share with those around you [information] regarding the guns that you own.

family, > They know I compete and teach, but if you asked any of them none would be able to give anywhere near a complete inventory.

friends, > Some know I shoot. Occasionally I will mention a gun in context if it relates to our common interest.

co-workers. > Ha! They are all SWAT, instructors, armorers. The could get a little closer to my inventory than my family.

social media. > Nada. My social media accounts are used only for experimenting w/ social media. Nothing on them is true. My Faceblah account is under a 39-yo female w/ a Vietnamese name. My Twooter accounts have no connection to my real name or active email accounts. Don't post much. My oldest account has only about a dozen Peeps in 11 years; none of them about guns.

th

I don't post much about this stuff, except for the Mossberg forum here.

I'm not really worried that anyone would go to the enormous effort required by a private citizen to rob me of my pitiful gun collection.

I am only worried about Pelosi and Feinstein and Schumer and the rest of the Communists in our government, who will rob me with a pen rather than a gun.

I remember those shows and movies about the dangers of communism back in the 50s & 60s. You don't see that much anymore because the communists have so much power.

Hordes of Americans who have been disenfranchised by their inability to cope with modern society are clinging to communist ideals in hopes of preserving their pitiful existence without serious and even desperate effort.

They have been trained that people are only crushed down in their efforts, & do not have chance to rise in Society by them, except under the auspices of an uber-government: A powerful central government that tells everyone else what they must do regardless of whether they live in Florida or Alaska.

They have been trained by Decades of leftist Television to scoff at American ideals and cling to the hope of communist peace and love, in a society where everyone is treated the same because everyone is all the same and we all deserve the same.

How many countries have proven that this Theory does not work?
But they dress it up and trot it out again on the media.

So basically that's why I own guns nowadays (aside from liking to shoot) . . . It's because I was trained as a child against communism and I'm worried about abusive Power by the Communists in our government.

I don't ever expect to have to fire these guns at a human being in some shooting war. My father taught me to be ready for that, but I don't believe I shall ever have to (thank you Lord.)

But I want to buy guns, & I want Americans to keep buying guns, and I want the people trying to seize power in our country to know that Americans have more guns than ever, and we will never lay down for that notion that we should trust someone else to protect our interests rather than our own selves.

As soon as you do that you are no longer a citizen but you have become a subject. No Freer than the lab rat in any scientific experiment.

Last edited:
About the only ones who know what guns I own are my kids (15 & 17) who go shooting with me. They are good kids and have been instructed to NOT let any of their "uncool" friends know we are gunowners. And by "we" I am implying that they have guns that will become "theirs" when they come of age. They have been shooting for nearly a decade and do enjoy it. But they are also mindful of politics and wisely do not let on that they are shooters. I DO want them to tell me when a teacher is ranting anti-2A because I will be at the Principal's office that day demanding disciplinary action or I'll go to the school dept. if that doesn't work. This thorn doesn't mind drawing some blood... :)

My wife knows there are guns but not the entirety of the "collection" nor what kinds there are. She is a pinhead who watches the loathsome creatures on MSNBC and CNN so that indoctrination has affected her judgement. So the less she knows, the better. Just a few more years before I can say "goodbye" to her... ;)

Back